What's new

Should I buy a 2022 Rocnel Sailor, if so where?

I have been eyeing up the 2022 Sailor and I have some credit to use on PayPal.

Would you recommend I purchase it or hold out for the 2023 model? Or skip it?

Where is the cheapest place to buy it? Are there any discounts available?

I currently have a Rockwell 6s, Rex Konsul, and a Rex Ambassador on the way. I’m also on the waiting list for a Wolf.

Feel free to suggest alternative razors too :)

Thank you heaps!

😁 After liquidating a fair portion of my collection, I picked up a '19 & '22 Sailor. I also have an Ambassador & Konsul, a Taiga & Muramasa. All that to say, I got the spread of the modern adjustables.

The '22 Sailor is smoother, with less blade feel, than the '19, it is a very good shaver. It is heavier than the Rex & Konsul, which took some getting used to, even though I like heavy razors.

YMMV, but for me, it handles differently than any of my other options. When I'm dialed in, it provides an absolutely blissful, truly BBS shave that lasts well on 10 hours (a little roughage towards the last two, but like a SuperSpeed shave at 5-6 hours for me).

Honestly, for me, the Konsul is the closest, most effortless shaver of the modern offerings. But. The Sailor, in fit & finish, is an entirely higher standard. I do not regret my purchases & would gladly do it again, circumstances allowing.

I guess I'm saying I'm like the guy who owns a Maserati but lives in NY city.😜

I have been eyeing up the 2022 Sailor and I have some credit to use on PayPal.

Would you recommend I purchase it or hold out for the 2023 model? Or skip it?

Where is the cheapest place to buy it? Are there any discounts available?

I currently have a Rockwell 6s, Rex Konsul, and a Rex Ambassador on the way. I’m also on the waiting list for a Wolf.

Feel free to suggest alternative razors too :)

Thank you heaps!
Bullgoose occasionally offers discounts via email. That's the only place I can think of that may have a discount.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Other than the usual shipping times, I had zero problem ordering from Rocnel directly. I did ask Bullgoose directly at one point. The Stand for the Rocnel is not included with the offerings they had this year. It comes with the Sailor if you buy direct. I'd make sure about the Stand when I placed an order from either source, if that is something you want.

I got an Elite from Rocnel. They didn't make a stand for it but I'm using one I had around and it's working fine. Some people like stands.. others don't. Like most everything else, their use is subjective.

Top Bottom