What's new

Shortest Beard/Stubble Trimmer Recommendation

Hello everyone.

Let me start by saying that I have read many posts and reviews without having any success finding answers to my questions. Also, if this is not the right forum section, or if any of you know of a better site to ask this question, would you please be so kind me to direct me to the right place.

I currently acquired a Philips Norelco 5100 beard trimmer. I don't use any of the combs and use the metal blade directly on the skin. I like that this trimmer has rounded blade tips to prevent skin irritation. I have used it a few times already and it really does not catch the skin or causes any irritation, but I don't feel it cuts my stubble close enough for my taste.

I was wondering if any of you guys could recommend or shine in on which of the available beard/stubble trimmers available out there gives the shortest trim when using the blade directly on the skin without catching the skin or causing irritation?

Also, just wondering if anyone knows. How does the Philips Norelco 5100 Beard Trimmer compares in terms of shortness and skin irritation using the blade directly on the skin when compared to the "Panasonic Milano All-in-One Trimmer ER-GB40-S" or the "Wahl - Lithium Ion All-In-One Trimmer" ?

Finally. How about the Philips Norelco One blade. Does it really get that much closer to the skin without causing irritation to justify getting it instead of any of the previous others and having to replace blades every so often?

Thanks in advance for any input provided.

It’s a double edged sword. The trimmers that get you the closest can definitely give you irritation if you are not careful. Currently I have an Andis Slimline Pro Li. It works amazing and I even was able to take the blade off and zero gap it so it makes the closest cleanest cut. Press to hard though and it will bite but the lines are clean and it has a very respectable lithium ion battery.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I don't use a trimmer directly on the face with no guard, but my Remington MB4045 comes with a specific stubble guard for cutting between 1mm and 5mm long, so that might be useful for some people wanting to trim short.

Marcos1.

I looked at some videos and reviews on the Andis trimmers and I think I might give them a try.

Aimless

Thanks for the reply. I currently own a trimmer that gets me down to stubble, but I am trying to get as close as possible without having to actually use a blade. I know it sounds foolish to use a trimmer on the face without a guard, specially the neck in the neck area, hopefully I won't regret it.

I have gone through numerous beard trimmers and most of them are junk.
The only one I could recommend is the Wahl Peanut, at about $40.

It is a corded, plug-in model ... as such, it is sturdy and rugged and has plenty of power.
It comes with 4 trim-guards and there are plenty more sizes available a-la-carte.

I can't speak about longevity because I don't have one yet.
I'm waiting on my current battery-operated one to break (purchased September '17)
before I step up to the Peanut.

I have a ton of experience with the Philips oneblade. The dry shave is surprisingly close and will cut closer then any regular bears trimmer you will find. If you then take the time to wet shave with it you will get a result as close (if not closer) then a foil shaver on your neck and almost as close as a foil shaver on your cheeks and chin.

My example/'scale':
If blade close is a 1, foil close is a 2, and beard trimmer close is a 3... The Philips oneblade is a 2.5 haha

Top Bottom