What's new

Short blade straight razors

I recently acquired one of the new Dovo 46581 Mustache razors and love the shorter blade. Does anyone know of any other short blade razors like this, even shorter would be nice. I am rather thin and have a concave section on each side of my neck and the short blade makes it a lot easier to shave those areas and I find myself only using the whole blade when I do my sideburns. Any suggestion of razors or techniques to shave the hollow/concave areas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jason C.

Just finished honing a really short tamahagane kamisori I got off of eBay recently. 1" blade!
1629513285364.jpeg

I too like small razors, and I too have neck hollows. But I've learned to hit the hollows even with large razors. I use the toe on one side of the hollow, and the heel on the other. It's also worth playing around with different stretches, to help things out.

You may also find that a blade that is not short, but also not wide, is great for hollows. I have some 4/8 razors that work really well for that.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone I had thought about the Kamisori idea and probably still at the top of my list only hesitation because I am left handed but I could probably get used to using it. I do like the idea of grinding down one of my cheaper Dovos hadn't thought of that. Again thanks for the ideas guys.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I recently acquired one of the new Dovo 46581 Mustache razors and love the shorter blade. Does anyone know of any other short blade razors like this, even shorter would be nice. I am rather thin and have a concave section on each side of my neck and the short blade makes it a lot easier to shave those areas and I find myself only using the whole blade when I do my sideburns. Any suggestion of razors or techniques to shave the hollow/concave areas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jason C.
I had a Tory shorty but still prefer a full length blade.

I shave with both sides of my kamisoris, and it works just fine.
You can shave with both sides of a traditionally ground Kamisori? I have seen a couple left handed Kamisoris listed but wasn't sure I wanted to get involved in learning how to hone one and everything but was unaware that you could shave with both sides of the blade. There are also several places making Kamisori style razors with a western grind on them but most of those have a longer blade on them.

Top Bottom