What's new

Shopping Supplies Map!

I have created a Shaving Supplies Map for you all to input shaving suppliers and barbers in your local area.

The intent of this map is to help others traveling to your area, or you if you travel out of your homebase to find the shaving supplies that we all desire.

I have created 3 topics:

1) Shaving Supplies only - retailers that sell shaving supplies

2) Straight Razor Barbers Only - Barbers that give straight razor shaves

3) Shaving Supplies and Straight Razor Barbers - Barbers that give straight razor shaves AND carry shaving supplies

Please feel free to populate this map with your local barbers and suppliers, it will be a great reference when it is fully operational.

ALSO, if someone knows how to post the MAP to this posting, send me a PM with the code and I'll name my next baby after you.

Thanks
Art

Brilliant, on the world map at last!

Just have to find England, let alone Hungerford first though...

Great idea, well done.

Robert

Well all I can say is BRILLIANT! I will add Gino the barber and Petrocellis beauty supplies forthwith.

:jump:

This is great. But it looks like at lot of people have a lot of work to do here. There can't be only 13 places in the entire US.... Let's get to flagging, y'all.

I'm not sure you guys want to start adding to this map. I was told that a different map was in the works.

I would wait til one of the mods gives the "go-ahead".

I just now noticed this sticky, it's a great idea! I'll have to get to work on for my area, there are several location to pin down.

I'm really showing my ignorance (and I've been running computers since the advent of the IBM PC-1 in the early 80s). 1. How do I get the map to reach a usable level of expansion, then stabilize it at that size? and 2. How do I respond when asked if I'm in (my bedroom community home town), but I want to post some provider's locations in the city 25 miles away?

Ken

Is it possible to add more than one pin to the map? I click "Join", add a pin, and that's it. When I click join again it just jumps to the first one I've added.

Apparently not- I added the shops near me (all in one location) but had to use one pin- even clearing my cache would not change things.

any switzerland or german based products that i might want to send my gal in search of while she spends the summer in zurich??

Is it possible to add more than one pin to the map? I click "Join", add a pin, and that's it. When I click join again it just jumps to the first one I've added.

Apparently not- I added the shops near me (all in one location) but had to use one pin- even clearing my cache would not change things.

The website allows only one addition per IP. A way to bypass this, is to use Tor. You can get a new IP every 2 minutes or so. Some connections are rather slow though. I think it's best if we start adding shop information to this thread and add that info to the map. This can be done by someone who hasn't added anything or with people using Tor.

Edit: I thought I had it figured out, but I can't seem to be anonymous enough for frappr.com. I still get the same pin every time I open the page. I guess Tor/Torbutton aren't working correctly. Need to do some more tweaking.

In order to maintain some consistency - what is the criteria for adding a store with shaving essentials?

That they sell DE blades? soaps/foams? styptic pencils?

Like my local chemist has a handful of "proper" shaving paraphernalia - handy if there's a member passing and caught short but not worthy of a special trip (even for me - living 500 yards from it).

I believe this is the official B&B shopping map now: B&B shopping map

It's on the top menu under "more"

Why add just barbershops? There are hundreds in every city, but you do offer a pin for barbershops that offer straight razor shaves. Obviously what we're talking about, so again, why just barbershops. I don't need a haircut.

Hello,

Not sure if this is the best place to post this question, but I'm heading to Palm Springs in a couple of days, and would like to find some Tabac shaving cream/soap. Where can I buy it there? I can't get the stuff in Canada, so I want to get it there.

Thanks.

Top Bottom