What's new

Shopping from Canada

Are there shops in Canada or shops in the US that will ship to Canada that I can get Personna Red blades from? I know Try A Blade in the States, but none of the other places I know in Canada sell them.
Any help from other people in Canada for good blade shops online?

Also, if you don’t like Amazon, Italian Barber is a couple of bucks more And you can buy 100 vs. 200.
Those aren't Personna Reds.

Merry Christmas. 🤪
Yeah, I saw that. (Actually those are blues as well) But the problem for me is, even if they were Reds... 200 blades... that would last me so long at the rate I shave. And the reality is I've never used a single type of blade for longer than a year. I'd be afraid that I'd find yet again some other blade I prefer and end up with leftover blades I don't use again like I have now with a couple of other blade brands I once bought in larger quantities that now just sit there. Does that make sense? Although, to be fair, Personna Reds I've used longer than any other blade over the last 10 years.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Maggard has a low cost international shipping rate, as does Connaught Shaving. I'm in London Ontario and I buy from both all the time. Orders, in general, take 18-20 days to reach me with the low cost international option but Maggard does state on the invoice that because of COVID, allow up to 75 days. My last order from them got to me in six days. Six!

That said, I'm not sure if either have the Reds but I wouldnt be surprised if Maggard has them. I know they have Lab Blues, they sent me 100 by mistake!

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Thinking about it now, theres a shop in Stratford Ontario. The Artful Badger. I know he has the reds because I've bought them there. He's a good guy and does ship. Reading the webpage, he's closed the storefront and only doing online sales now.

Oh and to throw a wrench in all this. I have read that production was moved from Israel to Germany. Here are the German made ones.
00076741-148E-4F46-8ADC-3DBDC9F2B565.jpeg

Oh and to throw a wrench in all this. I have read that production was moved from Israel to Germany. Here are the German made ones.
View attachment 1174047
Yup. The background of “Platinum” is brown on the German packaging vs silver on the Israelis. The above is packaging for the new German made Personnas.

The 200 packs of Israeli Reds come in a blue package with no reference to Israel anywhere. The outer package actually says “Superior Technology from American Safety Razor Co. USA”.

So a 200 pack of Israeli Reds with 20 tucks (10 blades per tuck) actually has blue packaging and would lead you to believe they are made in the US.

Personna really seems to enjoy confusing people.

The problem with that link is that there is nobody speaking from any degree of authority on the subject. There is a lot of speculation but nobody saying they've spoken with them or that they have information from a reliable source, maybe a retailer, etc.

Top Bottom