What's new

Shoplifting Gangs

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
the most commonly lifted Items are
Cigarettes

2.razors have ranked among the top shoplifted items in the world since at least 2003. Only men's razors seem to be targeted, though.

3. Tide detergent

http://nymag.com/news/features/tide-detergent-drugs-2013-1/index1.html

also on the list
Medicine including Diabetic Testing Strips and Pain Relievers.
Jeans
Vacuums

and each store has their most commonly stolen items. at OfficeMax it was.........writing instruments. Yup, pens and pencils. followed closely by ink cartridges.

I'm wondering, once these cartridges get stolen, they have to go somewhere to make some money. Where and how do they wind up on the black market? Are they hustled out of the trunk of somebody's car? Sold to a mom-n-pop bodega? Auctioned off from an internet marketplace? Sent overseas to third-world countries?
Ebay is the big one. Razors and baby formula seem to be the hot items for stolen goods.

I'm wondering, once these cartridges get stolen, they have to go somewhere to make some money. Where and how do they wind up on the black market? Are they hustled out of the trunk of somebody's car? Sold to a mom-n-pop bodega? Auctioned off from an internet marketplace? Sent overseas to third-world countries?
this has been going on in the uk for over 20 years, gangs of drug addicts steal them and sell them around bars, another of the most stolen is joints of meat, the wife of one of my pals is a manager in a big major store, the storys she can tell you about the thing these people steal you would not believe, they have tags on their butcher meat packs because of this.

Shoplifting gangs going after cartridge refills?! I swear, thieves seem to be getting more inventive and/or desperate every time I turn around.

I wonder why it seems like humanity's inherent goodness (or lack thereof) keeps declining. Is it a false perception, or a reflection of reality in that many people are getting more desperate/less honorable?

Those Fusion Proglides are close to $50 per dozen!!! And I have a problem when I pay more than 20 cents or so for a blade. Imagine that.

I once saw a program on tv that shed light on this problem. From what I remember the rise in cost was somehow related to the losses in retail sales. Pretty much sealed the deal for me. I'm not going to "help" pay for lost revenue. I've seen carts at many flea(how appropriate!) markets. One fellow I work with shaves his head and I asked him once how much he spends a year on razors, he told me he gets approx 200 carts at a time from a guy on his baseball team. Lasts him along time! Man, I despise thieves!

I once saw a program on tv that shed light on this problem. From what I remember the rise in cost was somehow related to the losses in retail sales. Pretty much sealed the deal for me. I'm not going to "help" pay for lost revenue.

Along those lines you could even it out by buying every other pack from the cartridge cartels. You'll pay more to subsidize that on the ones you buy legit, then less on the next one to make up for the subsidy you paid...but of course then you're supporting the cartridge cartels.

You need to stop worrying about jail overcrowding and rehabilitation and make jail be Punishment!! The overcrowding would go away as people found out crime has consequences and kids grew up respecting the law and other peoples property! Same thing with welfare, make them take a physical when applying, if no reason they can't work, put them on road gangs, 50 hour weeks or no freebees, you'd be amazed how fast they found jobs

Herd is right, that is the way to go get tough on crime.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_incarceration_rate

The numbers are meaningless. Look toward the bottom of the list... some of those countries are extremely crime-infested, it is simply a matter of there not being any enforcement.
And China is only 121 (or 170) incarcerated per 100,000?

I have a feeling a few of those are underreported :wink:
Then there's the large area north of China that shows the proper shade for 500-700, yet I don't see it on the list (Russia at #8 with 484?)

Top Bottom