What's new

Shootout...Coming soon. Stay tuned.

Only managed to pick up a few empty cases. Indoor range had lots of jetsam lying around. So, what I picked up was iffy but those that I did retrieve appeared to have pretty solid strikes. A couple showed some slight swiping. Not bad though.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Very thorough and well thought out review, thanks for taking the effort! I certainly can't fault your top pick. I will point out that your preference for OWB might sway your choice a bit, as opposed to my preference for IWB carry. While your's and Rob's critique of the SIG P365's shortcoming of a problematic speed reload is certainly a valid one, I value its enhanced conceal-ability and ease of IWB carry.

I always used to carry IWB when in civilian clothing, until I started hanging around Tim. Now, more often than not, I am carrying OWB and in a leather pancake for Godsakes!!! I was just at Tener's yesterday looking at some boots!

The OP is a bad influence I'm tellin' ya. ;)

OkieStubble

Boots...yet another adventure down the rabbit hole. Let's talk about Tecovas😎

umm yeah, they ain't cheap. A cheap pair of basic Tecovas is like 300 bucks. There is a local online forum here, and they have several entire threads where they are talking about nothing but Tecovas. While we sit around and talk guns, there is a large group out there, talkin' about nothing but boots. :)

+1 Great reviews. I enjoyed this thread very much. I swore I thought I seen a S&W Shield on sale the other day for $249. Hard not to go pick one up for that price.

Several places have them for that price online plus S&W is currently offering a $50 mail in rebate on the 9 mm and .380 Shields.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
umm yeah, they ain't cheap. A cheap pair of basic Tecovas is like 300 bucks. There is a local online forum here, and they have several entire threads where they are talking about nothing but Tecovas. While we sit around and talk guns, there is a large group out there, talkin' about nothing but boots. :)

If you want to get serious about boots, Rob...hit I-35 some weekend and make a trip to the Ft. Worth Stockyards. Even if you don't buy anything a tour of the shop is well worth it...just for the fine smell of the leather.

I'd advise leaving your credit card at home.

OkieStubble

If you want to get serious about boots, Rob...hit I-35 some weekend and make a trip to the Ft. Worth Stockyards. Even if you don't buy anything a tour of the shop is well worth it...just for the fine smell of the leather.

I'd advise leaving your credit card at home.

I'll be the dude with my jeans tucked in my boots to show off the sterling silver toe medallions and heel spurs, along with gold sequin quarter stitching.

I'll also be blinging my Ruger SP101 with fancy grip inserts open carry, topping it off with a clean straw Stetson on the dome.

Never been a felt guy. :)

I'll be the dude with my jeans tucked in my boots to show off the sterling silver toe medallions and heel spurs, along with gold sequin quarter stitching.
Dang you guys have some nice footwear. I'm still wearing 8 year old 25 dollar Brazos Jungle Boots to ride. I have others but nothing feels as good to me as that wide toe box in the jungle boots and the nylon panels keep 'em well ventilated. They need arch support inserts though.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista

I'll also be blinging my Ruger SP101 with fancy grip inserts open carry, topping it off with a clean straw Stetson on the dome.

Never been a felt guy. :)

Rob's cowboy suit:

1571262311597.png

Me in my rodeo outfit:

1571262373520.png

Interesting. Does the rebate come with the gun in the box or what?

You apply online and in about 2-3 months you will receive a prepaid credit card in the mail. When I bought my Shield 45 they gave you a choice of rebate between $50.00 or 2 extra magazines and 2 boxes of Hornady Critical Defense ammo and a Caldwell magazine loader. Here is a link to the rebate site.

Top Bottom