What's new

Shooting the Breeze- general chit chat

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
When you get up in the morning and put your underwear on backwards, and it fits, you know it's going to be a bad day!

If this really was a man's world Rodin's "The Thinker" would be thinking 'Remember to leave the seat up!'.

Sign on a Bait & Tackle shop on the way to Sea Level, NC:
Open 24 hours:
Monday, 8am to noon
Tuesday, noon to 4pm
Wednesday, 6am to 10am
Thursday, 8am to noon (unless it's raining)
Friday, 10am to 2pm
Saturday, yell out. Likely nearby.​

Sign on an Optometrist's window: "Eyes examined while you wait"

Label found on rear of jet-ski: "Do not place mouth or other orifices near exhaust while running".

Label on top of my folding ladder: "Do not stand above this step".

Sign found on church parking lot: "Unauthorized parking will be persecuted".

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Was Abbey your Tabby, Jim? Your Sister is very talented, that will be someone for me to keep in mind if we buy any art in the future. @jar_

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Was Abbey your Tabby, Jim? Your Sister is very talented, that will be someone for me to keep in mind if we buy any art in the future. @jar_
My Tabby (in the avatar) was named Abbey Road but the picture Grace painted is not of her. My Abbey only had a very short life, just barely two years. She was a ranch cat and even though she got all her shots and vaccines died most likely from Feline Leukemia.

3-01small.jpg

6-04small.jpg

7-01small.jpg

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
When you get up in the morning and put your underwear on backwards, and it fits, you know it's going to be a bad day!

If this really was a man's world Rodin's "The Thinker" would be thinking 'Remember to leave the seat up!'.

Sign on a Bait & Tackle shop on the way to Sea Level, NC:
Open 24 hours:
Monday, 8am to noon
Tuesday, noon to 4pm
Wednesday, 6am to 10am
Thursday, 8am to noon (unless it's raining)
Friday, 10am to 2pm
Saturday, yell out. Likely nearby.​

Sign on an Optometrist's window: "Eyes examined while you wait"

Label found on rear of jet-ski: "Do not place mouth or other orifices near exhaust while running".

Label on top of my folding ladder: "Do not stand above this step".

Sign found on church parking lot: "Unauthorized parking will be persecuted".
57B25C3E-3A4B-4A8A-90B0-EB9E2DAB5A15.jpeg

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
I'd like a US made all metal pistol that is a natural pointer, 18 degree grip angle, slimmer than the HiPower but as accurate with a barrel longer than 4.5 inches and in 9mm Luger caliber and that comes standard as a 15 + 1 round pistol and will feed any brand or type of 9mm Luger bullet reliably and that is available in both DAO and DA/SA in the very same gun with ambidextrous safety and swap-able button type mag release. It should also have a manual safety/decocker, allow racking the slide even when it is in safe mode and the magazines should drop free. The DAO trigger pull should be less than 7 pounds while the DA/SA trigger pull should be around 5 pounds in DA and 3 pounds in SA mode. It need to be good looking and snag free and be able to fit in any common 1911 holster.

Oh wait! I already have that.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Well, I just got an invite to attend the PRS regional finale next weekend at Fouled Bore Precision in Ninnekah! Probably a low bar as the top 100 shooters in the region get invited but I'm pretty tickled! @OkieStubble I'm crashing at your place! :lol: Kidding my friend!

I’ll be in Colorado next weekend, but my place is your place! I can leave the key under the door mat. Couple of hours drive from FBP…

I’m impressed! They only invite real shooters!

Top Bottom