What's new

Shooting the Breeze- general chit chat

38 Special case of unknown origin.

tempImageuPp6LK.jpg

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Thanks, but I was actually able to go out and buy the ribs and beer, but had I not been able to, I did have plenty of other food stuffs and libations to hold me over for a good while! Just like primers!

So they weren't deer ribs kept in the freezer in butcher paper then? :)

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Good news, I finally got power back post Ida. Bad news, Ida has delayed the re-opening of the shooting range which has been closed for renovation for almost a month already. I suspect the re-opening of the shooting range in the Wildlife Management Area will be a low priority for the state's resources during the hurricane Ida recovery.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Just about had a kineptic fit at work today… No it wasn’t work related.🤣 Been having a hiccup or two with a Bergara in the ejection department so I figured since it’s a $1250 .22 I would reach out to the manufacturer and see if they had a suggestion. Checked my email at lunch and this was their response…

Christopher,

As long as your ejector is not moving the only thing it can be is how you cycle the bolt. Mechanical ejectors only work as well as the individual cycling the bolt. Check for movement on the ejector and stake it if need be.

Thanks,

Camaran Waddell
Customer Service Rep
BPI Outdoors”

So I’m not running the bolt correctly? And if I am I need to beat on the rifle with a punch and a hammer? Yeah this will be the first and last Bergara I ever own! It goes in the trashcan as soon as I get a Vudoo locked down.

I’ve lived through three hurricanes back when I lived in the tropics. I’ve lived in Kansas for 13 years. Tornadoes are way more terrifying to me.

Why? You can‘t plan for them, and they are way more destructive to the things they touch. But after a tornado is done, you clean up and move on.

Hurricanes however, you can plan for. I mean they come in from miles away so there’s usually less immediate death. But they leave massive swaths of damage and can/do kill infrastructure. They cost way more, and people die weeks after they were hit from its effects.

As an individual, tornadoes scare me way more, as a citizen though, the amount I pay in taxes because of hurricanes is a serious concern.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I’ve lived through three hurricanes back when I lived in the tropics. I’ve lived in Kansas for 13 years. Tornadoes are way more terrifying to me.

Why? You can‘t plan for them, and they are way more destructive to the things they touch. But after a tornado is done, you clean up and move on.

Hurricanes however, you can plan for. I mean they come in from miles away so there’s usually less immediate death. But they leave massive swaths of damage and can/do kill infrastructure. They cost way more, and people die weeks after they were hit from its effects.

As an individual, tornadoes scare me way more, as a citizen though, the amount I pay in taxes because of hurricanes is a serious concern.

+1

While I have never been in a hurricane, I personally lived thru the long track F5 tornado that came thru OKC and hit my neighborhood on May 3rd, 1999. While my block and house was barely missed by the 2 mile wide tornado, we were hit with the 1/4 mile wide debris cloud which caused massive destruction and damage all on it's own.

Other than the damage and waiting 10 days to have any power, I think the worst my young family endured at the time, was the dead horses and cows, that were picked up by the tornado many miles away and dumped on our surrounding acreages, just to the southwest of our house.

It took them 10 days to get them all removed and by then they were bloating and rotting in the hot sun. Since we had no power or air conditioning, we were forced to open the windows at night for any type of cool breeze. That rotting stench, would travel right thru my house.

Watch these idiots who get paid to give guided tours of tornado's to people. Almost got them all killed.

Last edited:

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
U’s guys!!
My wife was also carrying. I placed mine in a tactical bag while swimming (kids were there) and she had hers in her purse. Her Consuela purse has a zippered “pocket” for her pistol.
Now that’s impressive.
Heading back to the grind today. I have 2 double shifts scheduled this week and my wife has 3. We did not volunteer. We were voluntold.
And right now we are getting rained on by that darn tropical storm.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
+1

While I have never been in a hurricane, I personally lived thru the long track F5 tornado that came thru OKC and hit my neighborhood on May 3rd, 1999. While my block and house was barely missed by the 2 mile wide tornado, we were hit with the 1/4 mile wide debris cloud which caused massive destruction and damage all on it's own.

Other than the damage and waiting 10 days to have any power, I think the worst my young family endured at the time, was the dead horses and cows, that were picked up by the tornado many miles away and dumped on our surrounding acreages, just to the southwest of our house.

It took them 10 days to get them all removed and by then they were bloating and rotting in the hot sun. Since we had no power or air conditioning, we were forced to open the windows at night for any type of cool breeze. That rotting stench, would travel right thru my house.

Watch these idiots who get paid to give guided tours of tornado's to people. Almost got them all killed.

Growing up in the Midwest I am one of the idiots that goes outside when the storm sirens blow. In Kansas City in 2003 I was outside looking for the Tornado when big chunks of insulation and other debris started dropping in my yard. I decided then to head inside. The tornado hit in Gladstone about 1.5 miles North of me.

Top Bottom