What's new

Shooting the Breeze- general chit chat

Officially an old codger today, I just turned 65. I was planning on going shooting today, but damn it's cold this morning! Maybe later in the day when it warms up. I will definitely be shooting tomorrow morning. All my birthday presents are on back order/ delayed shipping, etc. A new scope for my .223 and a leather La Z Boy recliner. I did pick up a wet tumbler from Harbor Freight a couple of days ago. A good day for indoor home repair projects and maybe some reloading. Life is good!
Happy Birthday, youngster.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Officially an old codger today, I just turned 65. I was planning on going shooting today, but damn it's cold this morning! Maybe later in the day when it warms up. I will definitely be shooting tomorrow morning. All my birthday presents are on back order/ delayed shipping, etc. A new scope for my .223 and a leather La Z Boy recliner. I did pick up a wet tumbler from Harbor Freight a couple of days ago. A good day for indoor home repair projects and maybe some reloading. Life is good!
You've finally earned your free coffees when you go out!

Congratulations on surviving 65 years. I’m still wondering what this free coffee is that Dave speaks of.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Ithaca 20.

View attachment 1186312

Dad's Belgium Browning Sweet 16. I love that gauge...took some quail with it after Dad passed.

View attachment 1186313

Our local Scheels store has a Browning Sweet 16 they keep marking down, nobody wants it. If they drop it under $1000 I will be very tempted. It's just such a dead gauge, shells are expensive and hard to find. I love it though properties of 12 gauge with 20 gauge recoil.

FarmerTan

Our local Scheels store has a Browning Sweet 16 they keep marking down, nobody wants it. If they drop it under $1000 I will be very tempted. It's just such a dead gauge, shells are expensive and hard to find. I love it though properties of 12 gauge with 20 gauge recoil.
Exactly. That gun was probably everyone's dream gun when I was a wee lad!

Exactly. That gun was probably everyone's dream gun when I was a wee lad!
When I was a wee lad, I shot a Iver Johnson single shot .410. Took 2 hands to pull the hammer back. Only had 1 shot. was young and inexperienced. Good thing we were not counting on my bag to feed the family LOL. But dad said it would teach me to make the first shot count. It did I suppose. Until you get used to a 5 round magazine and 1 in the chamber. Your "training" quickly disappears and so do your shells. Good thing it is just a pump. I never really used a semi auto much, but I can see how they would be harder to ration on ammo.

Neither here nor there, jsut reminiscing. Carry on.....

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
To all our readers in the U.S.,It might be awkward, but please don't scroll past this. This Tuesday, for the 1st time recently, we humbly ask you to defend Wikipedia's independence. 98% of our readers don't give; they simply look the other way. If you are an exceptional reader who has already donated, we sincerely thank you. If you donate just $2.75, Wikipedia could keep thriving for years. Most people donate because Wikipedia is useful. If Wikipedia has given you $2.75 worth of knowledge this year, take a minute to donate. Show the volunteers who bring you reliable, neutral information that their work matters. Thank you.

FarmerTan

Damn, I've never gotten free coffee when I go out.
Most likely a good thing. In my experience, free coffee is worth what you pay for it.

I can't believe they sell so many different "fast food" coffees in K cups.

I love Dunkin'Donuts coffee to brew at home, but the stuff in their restaurant does not send a tingle up my leg.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I was thinking about buying this gun by Ruger. It has a good price.

380 auto a.jpg

I carried my taurus .357 in an iwb holster while out deer hunting today. Why? It was laying there when I opened the cabinet. With bibs on, no way I could gwt to it lol. Mostly what it did was irritate me gouving in my back as I cleaned deer. 1 of the reasons I do not carry I guess. What, was the rifle gonna jam and the deer attack and I save myself by taking 15 minutes to get my pistol dug out? Not likely haha

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
That 380 is the least expensive of that bunch. I didn’t expect to hear good news concerning it.

Top Bottom