What's new

Shooting the Breeze- general chit chat

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Looks about right to me. Enough meat to look good and give a bit more "capability" but not so big as to diminish drivability or be super hard on suspension and steering parts.

+1 I had no problems with the 31's" on my Taco. Great size for an all around truck for road and trail. I think something like 35's would be for a dedicated overlander/offroad purpose.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
+1 I had no problems with the 31's" on my Taco. Great size for an all around truck for road and trail. I think something like 35's would be for a dedicated overlander/offroad purpose.
The Tacoma TRD off-road comes with 265/70-16s which are 30.6 inchers... I'm leaning towards a 2" lift and 35s. I like the stance!
35s.jpg

Add ARB e-Lockers and you have a crawler that can get into and out of some sketchy stuff and drives really well on the highway. Toyos are a must to keep your teeth in you head though! :lol: Other thing I think I would I like to do is add a 2.8 liter 1GD-FTV turbo diesel. Loads of Toyota grunt but that option is painful in the pocket book department as in almost as much as the truck!

Or I could just go full baller status and grab a Legacy Conversions 1942 Power Wagon! :love-struck:
powerwagon.jpg

THAT is a sexy beast!!!

Last edited:

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Pet peeve on internet forums mostly.

I often get a Personal Message asking a question about something I own or seeking advice related to something I've mentioned. I always try to respond to the best of my ability but quite often that entails getting stuff out and taking pictures to clarify specifics. It's not a major task but does entail getting stuff out of storage and cleaning it up and setting up lighting and taking the pictures and processing and sizing the images then posting them along with any additional notations or explanations.

And then nothing.

No response, not even a post saying the person saw or read the response.

Nothing.

Now it's not really a loss for me, I get to add images I had not created before to my library, I often actually learn something new about the coffee or tea or gun or pen or watch or knife or whatever the subject or topic involved.

But I still feel like at a minimum some acknowledgement that the person asking the question at least read the response would be appropriate.

But I'm feeling MUCH better now, Harry!

OkieStubble

Pet peeve on internet forums mostly.

I often get a Personal Message asking a question about something I own or seeking advice related to something I've mentioned. I always try to respond to the best of my ability but quite often that entails getting stuff out and taking pictures to clarify specifics. It's not a major task but does entail getting stuff out of storage and cleaning it up and setting up lighting and taking the pictures and processing and sizing the images then posting them along with any additional notations or explanations.

And then nothing.

No response, not even a post saying the person saw or read the response.

Nothing.

Now it's not really a loss for me, I get to add images I had not created before to my library, I often actually learn something new about the coffee or tea or gun or pen or watch or knife or whatever the subject or topic involved.

But I still feel like at a minimum some acknowledgement that the person asking the question at least read the response would be appropriate.

But I'm feeling MUCH better now, Harry!

I feel ya. I send off quite a few aftershave samples every year from people messaging me to try them and saying they will give reviews. There are some, who never review or respond back when asking if they got them.

It happens. But it hurts more, when spending like $40 to send them to Australia or Europe and then they don’t respond or even tell me to buzz off.

It can be a cold world. :)

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
I'm so proud of the girlfriend right now! Turns out a friend of her's is a financial advisor but also an ex-military. He was a commando in South Africa and offers training classes in the boonies of Nevada. She's there for handgun, knife, and field first aid training! Go get 'em babe! And he is comping her the course for helping him with some knife making issues he had questions about. She's schooling him on exotic handle materials/stabilizing the handles/etc and he is making her a more effective fighter. So happy!

I feel ya. I send off quite a few aftershave samples every year from people messaging me to try them and saying they will give reviews. There are some, who never review or respond back when asking if they got them.

It happens. But it hurts more, when spending like $40 to send them to Australia or Europe and then they don’t respond or even tell me to buzz off.

It can be a cold world. :)
Ouch, that's pretty disrespectful imo.

Do you send full A.S. bottles out internationally or just samples? I wanted to have a go at making the Bootleggers Bay Rum but ran in to difficulty finding anything except the Clubman bay rum in Canada.

OkieStubble

Ouch, that's pretty disrespectful imo.

Do you send full A.S. bottles out internationally or just samples? I wanted to have a go at making the Bootleggers Bay Rum but ran in to difficulty finding anything except the Clubman bay rum in Canada.

Just small, 1 1/2 ounce samples mostly. They aren't cheap to send, so I can't imagine what shipping would cost to send a full bottle internationally.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Thought of the day:

“And do not suppose that this is the end. This is only the beginning of the reckoning. This is only the first sip, the first foretaste of a bitter cup which will be proffered to us year by year unless, by a supreme recovery of moral health and martial vigor, we arise again and take our stand for freedom, as we did in olden times.”

Churchill

OkieStubble

Thought of the day:

“And do not suppose that this is the end. This is only the beginning of the reckoning. This is only the first sip, the first foretaste of a bitter cup which will be proffered to us year by year unless, by a supreme recovery of moral health and martial vigor, we arise again and take our stand for freedom, as we did in olden times.”

Churchill

Perfect Quote.

Just small, 1 1/2 ounce samples mostly. They aren't cheap to send, so I can't imagine what shipping would cost to send a full bottle internationally.
Ok, thanks. It's ridiculous what international shipping costs can get up to isn't it? Many times I've had to pass up smaller ticket items while shopping online because the shipping costs ended up being substantially more than the item itself : (

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Yet we ship everyday items like foods internationally daily and never factor in the true costs.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Man, there's some treasure in that pawn and gun store I found.

Had to go back for a second look at a High Standard MkIV Sentinel, 3" bbl, in .22 magnum. At $400, I feel it's too high ... but .22 magnum ammo has been on shelves here. Hmm.

proxy.php

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Well. Hard to find parts, and a weighty DA pull - is what the internet says. Yet it has more panache than a LCR.

He did make deal on the HS derringer last month!

AA

Top Bottom