What's new

Shooting Stars

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I always thought they were rare to see. But I’ve seen 2 in the last month. I’ve seen quite a few over the Summer.

I live outside the city. I’m outside late at night a couple times a week. So maybe my chances of seeing shooting stars are greater than others. But this is no lie....I was outside just now and I was thinking about the last time I saw a shooting star just a few weeks ago and sure enough....saw another shooting star tonight.

It was kinda surreal ya know? Standing there looking up at the sky thinking “hmm all these stars. I saw a shooting start a few weeks ago. Man that was cool. Holy crap! Look at that! Another one!!!”

Got me thinking of Astrophysics For People In A Hurry. - A really great book that gives you a brief (very brief) understanding of the cosmos. I throughly enjoyed it.

1243AA31-5160-427E-9135-C84E4FE005A6.jpeg

I always thought they were rare to see. But I’ve seen 2 in the last month. I’ve seen quite a few over the Summer.

I live outside the city. I’m outside late at night a couple times a week. So maybe my chances of seeing shooting stars are greater than others. But this is no lie....I was outside just now and I was thinking about the last time I saw a shooting star just a few weeks ago and sure enough....saw another shooting star tonight.

It was kinda surreal ya know? Standing there looking up at the sky thinking “hmm all these stars. I saw a shooting start a few weeks ago. Man that was cool. Holy crap! Look at that! Another one!!!”

Got me thinking of Astrophysics For People In A Hurry. - A really great book that gives you a brief (very brief) understanding of the cosmos. I throughly enjoyed it.

View attachment 1155224

Knowing when to look for meteor showers can up your chances of seeing them. Some of the ones listed will have multiple ones in a hour.

Stargazing is pretty neat, my wife and I will throw some blankets on the bed of the pick up and have some wine late at night and just stare at the sky, I live smacked down in wester kansas, middle of rural country so on a clear night we get to see quiet a few...if I feel like I don't mind some extra work I’d bring my telescope along for some extra glancing!

I live in a pretty rural area away from the light polution you get near cities, and I can see dozens of shooting stars on a moonless clear night during a meteor shower. One of my daughters is getting into astronomy, which makes it that much more fun for me.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
As a younger lad I spent a lot of time fishing at night and camping. Shooting stars were a common sight. I will never forget the night that the Northern Lights were as bright as can be, I was in Iowa. Big city life has kind of killed the star gazing.

Top Bottom