What's new

Shoes like Pottery , a perfect Chuck?

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Pretty cool!

I've been happy with my PF Flyers. Similar vibe as Chucks, but wider toebox which fits me better. New Balance owns FP Flyer, so I like that. PF Flyer has a Made in the USA option that is well reviewed, however the normal one seems to be holding up very well.

Depends how much you are willing to spend. I’ve had a pair of Crown Northampton in my cart a couple of times but didn‘t pull the trigger. Someone posted about them on here a few weeks ago so I took a look. Some very high end stuff.

Converse was also offering custom on some styles. I picked up a pair in wide last year and they are great. Quality is top notch, custom color scheme (white in my case).

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Really cool looking I’m tempted
I love chucks but honestly my issue is the very minimum foot bed. Just not enough for me and comparing it with today’s shoes it’s just insufficient.

Pretty cool!

I've been happy with my PF Flyers. Similar vibe as Chucks, but wider toebox which fits me better. New Balance owns FP Flyer, so I like that. PF Flyer has a Made in the USA option that is well reviewed, however the normal one seems to be holding up very well.
Pf flyers site has been down since Converse started sueing them evidently. That rubs me wrong, they have both been around a long time why now? Novesta has some great looking ones with the gum colored soles. Converse has free returns and a discount of 15% right now for their 70s I think. That's tough to pass up.

tankerjohn

Pf flyers site has been down since Converse started sueing them evidently. That rubs me wrong, they have both been around a long time why now? Novesta has some great looking ones with the gum colored soles. Converse has free returns and a discount of 15% right now for their 70s I think. That's tough to pass up.
Didn’t know about that. Bummer. Yeah, that’s weird. PF Flyer is actually an older brand. Oh well. I hope things get sorted out and Flyers come back.

Didn’t know about that. Bummer. Yeah, that’s weird. PF Flyer is actually an older brand. Oh well. I hope things get sorted out and Flyers come back.
Wikipedia noted that PF Flyers have been phased out. That statement based on tweet from parent company New Balance on January 12, 2021. The so called announcement seemed too causal to be a formal announcement.

tankerjohn

Wikipedia noted that PF Flyers have been phased out. That statement based on tweet from parent company New Balance on January 12, 2021. The so called announcement seemed too causal to be a formal announcement.
I was browsing the PF Flyer website a week ago. Now its gone. Very all of a sudden and no notice that I could tell. When I was on the site, I did notice that most sizes were sold out and the links were kind of wonky. I guess I figured it was a Covid thing. But no, its clear now that New Balance was winding them down.

I tried googling it and found one article talking about Nike suing New Balance (PF Flyer) and Sketcher for trademark infringement of the Converse. However, the court found that PF Flyer and Sketchers did not infringe the trademark. Next thing is New Balance releasing a short statement in January that they ceased production of PF Flyer. That doesn't make sense since they won the court case, but maybe they just wanted to get Nike off their case. Nike has been suing them as far back as 2014. Looks like legal bullying to me. But I don't have facts beyond what i just relayed, so you can take that with a grain of salt. Still, one more reason to hate Nike.

Anyway, I'm bummed. I've only had my pair of Flyers for a couple years and now that they're starting to wear down, I guess I can't get a new pair. It looks there's a handful of PF Flyers left on Amazon, but the prices are jumping up (predictably). The whole thing sucks.

Top Bottom