What's new

Shoe Shining Disorder. What Have I Done!

johnniegold

Moderator Emeritus
Two pair today. That's 7 pair in the last two days (one pair not shown). Think I'm done for awhile. My arms are too tired. :smile:

Attachments

johnniegold

Moderator Emeritus
I did an 8th pair during the Jets game. Figured when the Jets were down by 28 points, the kicks could use a nice polish.

Attachments

Last edited:

johnniegold

Moderator Emeritus
So, today I posted this picture in the Shoes of the Day thread. A pair of Melchior by Mephisto.

After posting it, I looked at the shoes and thought that you sons of badgers deserve better than a pair of scuffed up shoes to look at. So off they came.

Is it wrong to polish shoes to the music of The Sandals? :huh: If it is, I don't wanna be right.

Brown, please. :yesnod:

One down...

How about a little sole dressing?

Now... here are shoes more presentable for the Shoes of the Day thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a bit of a shoe shining party yesterday. Allen Edmonds Park Aves in the rear, Mercanti Fiorientini (DSW house brand, not top quality) in the front. Also a pair of relatively freshly oiled Iron Rangers hiding in the background.

Not pictured, two pairs of my wife's shoes that also got shined and polished. I have a new pair of AE Fifth Aves in chili coming in later this week, and was thinking about making up a tutorial through the whole process.

johnniegold

Moderator Emeritus
Looking good. :thumbup1:

I need to get some oil on my Iron Rangers as well.

The AE chili is a great color, especially this time of year. As for the tutorial... Go for it. :biggrin:

A 10-15 year old pair of J&Ms from their discontinued Estate collection. They got a fresh polish yesterday and the cap toe got the "bulling" treatment.

Attachments

I did this in the Navy at boot camp. never knew its name. I was assigned this duty and hated it. then the plexiglass gloss things came along and bam dress shoes all perfect.

beginish

Moderator Emeritus
Beautiful Norwegian Split Toes and Medallion Captoes. Are those cordovan as well, and do I detect a little bulling on the Medallions?

oc_in_fw

Contributor
Don't click on this thread, I said. I don't need to get another obsession, I also said. Darn it. My Red Wing 606s need polished, and the toe and heel take a beating. I will attempt to do this tomorrow. I am used to getting them done in 15 minutes. Oh well, Monday Night Football will be on.