What's new

Shoe Shining Disorder. What Have I Done!

Frustrated and in Need of some direction please. Simply put, which Saphir wax should I purchase for the next level shine above my Saphir polish? There are so many options that I'm overwhelmed. Of course price is always a concern. Please and thank you 😊.
Not exactly sure I understand the question , but if you have stripped all the old wax and silicone off your shoes with a good cleaner ( such as RenoMat ) and you have used a high quality conditioner such as Venetian Shoe Cream ( apply thin layer , let sit overnight , brush the next day , repeat once more ) then you apply a good cream to the entire shoe including the tongue . Meltonian and Saphir are both excellent . Brush them use a " shine rag " to finish up . Now you are at the point where I think you are and you want that cap or front of the shoe to really glow . I would suggest Saphir " Admiral " neutral wax ...Apply only to the hard stiff leather as on the cap or very tip of the shoe . Apply a thin layer , let dry 15 minutes , brush and then let the shine rag do the rest . The Admiral wax is especially formulated for the ultra high shine . Yes , Saphir products are very expensive , but they will last a long time , you only need a tiny bit to get the job done . Meltonian is almost as good for less $$$ ...
Screenshot 2024-03-15 141921.jpg

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Reinforcements have arrived

IMG_20240319_140446.jpg

I've also received some of the aerosol protector spray for my suede/nubuck items too. I hope to get my suede chukkas and nubuck hiking boots done from that one can.

I need to pick up some low tack masking tape at some point as well, as two pairs of shoes here are mixed material. One is hard leather and suede, the other hard leather with tweed. I need to try and get a couple of coats of the spray on the areas I can't polish, before I start wearing them more. They've spent most of their time in the shoebox in the wardrobe since they arrived, and I need to get them out in the open more.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.

View attachment 1814952

I've also received some of the aerosol protector spray for my suede/nubuck items too. I hope to get my suede chukkas and nubuck hiking boots done from that one can.

I need to pick up some low tack masking tape at some point as well, as two pairs of shoes here are mixed material. One is hard leather and suede, the other hard leather with tweed. I need to try and get a couple of coats of the spray on the areas I can't polish, before I start wearing them more. They've spent most of their time in the shoebox in the wardrobe since they arrived, and I need to get them out in the open more.
An impressive haul, but I don't think cherry blossom ship to ROI

View attachment 1814952

I have never seen Cherry Blossom in the U.S. although I do know it's been around a very long time . Is it manufactured in the UK ?.... How's the quality ?.... Does it contain silicone ?

Scored a pair of Allen Edmond's Park Avenue shoes off ebay last week . I feel lucky , AE top of the line shoes just went up to $450 , not unexpected as everything else is going up . This pair was made between 1989-2013 as far as I can tell. I believe in that period they color was called " oxblood " . I got these for $79 plus shipping and tax $93. They still smell new, the leather is hardly broken in , they have been worn only a few times . Since they are prior to 2013 the leather is Horween no doubt . As is custom , I gave the interior a shot of Lysol spray , 24 hour airing and then repeated . This is strictly for safety . The shoes hade been professionally shined but I wanted to see underneath so I stripped it down with Reno-Mat . Very few scuffs hidden, real close to new condition . I then gave the shoes 2 sessions over 2 days of rub downs with Venetian shoe cream . Next came 2 apply-dry-buff sessions of Saphir burgundy shoe cream .The last step was 2 apply-buff-shine sessions with Saphir Admiral high gloss wax on the cap .The coup-de-grace was the double application of Angelus Roll Call high gloss black sole dressing . I am satisfied with the results ..AE has their big yearly sale in April , I'll be searching for a pair of McAllisters in black , but also keeping my eye on ebay !

Attachments

• IMG_1526.JPG
    IMG_1526.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1527.JPG
    IMG_1527.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1528.JPG
    IMG_1528.JPG
    958.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_E1531.JPG
    IMG_E1531.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_E1535.JPG
    IMG_E1535.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 4

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
How did you find the protector, I was thinking of getting some for a pair of tan suede shoes. Does it effect the colour at all and does it work well?

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
How did you find the protector, I was thinking of getting some for a pair of tan suede shoes. Does it effect the colour at all and does it work well?

It darkened on application, but lightened again as it dried. I haven't had cause to get them wet yet though, so cannot comment on efficacy.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Scored a pair of Allen Edmond's Park Avenue shoes off ebay last week . I feel lucky , AE top of the line shoes just went up to $450 , not unexpected as everything else is going up . This pair was made between 1989-2013 as far as I can tell. I believe in that period they color was called " oxblood " . I got these for $79 plus shipping and tax $93. They still smell new, the leather is hardly broken in , they have been worn only a few times . Since they are prior to 2013 the leather is Horween no doubt . As is custom , I gave the interior a shot of Lysol spray , 24 hour airing and then repeated . This is strictly for safety . The shoes hade been professionally shined but I wanted to see underneath so I stripped it down with Reno-Mat . Very few scuffs hidden, real close to new condition . I then gave the shoes 2 sessions over 2 days of rub downs with Venetian shoe cream . Next came 2 apply-dry-buff sessions of Saphir burgundy shoe cream .The last step was 2 apply-buff-shine sessions with Saphir Admiral high gloss wax on the cap .The coup-de-grace was the double application of Angelus Roll Call high gloss black sole dressing . I am satisfied with the results ..AE has their big yearly sale in April , I'll be searching for a pair of McAllisters in black , but also keeping my eye on ebay !

Those look incredible. Great find! As to your application of Lysol, I’ve also seen the Japanese shoeshine masters use a water/alcohol solution on a slightly dampened cotton ball to wipe out the inside of the shoe.

Top Bottom