What's new

Shoe recommendation: Mezlan

I have to agree with the Mezlan recommendation. I have one excellent pair of their shoes which has lasted me seven years, has been resoled and still is in excellent condition. Sure, they are not goodyear welted, but are still well-made and will last for a good while.

Those were the last shoes that I have purchased in north america as the rest are all crap IMHO. If you can find them here (which I am almost certain you cannot) buy Brazilian made Samello shoes. They are the single best shoes that I have ever encountered, but unfortunately you must purchase them in Brazil. Every year, when I am there, I purchase at least one pair. They are spendy, but no more so than Allen Edmonds, and you will excuse me for saying so, are infinitely more stylish.

Any recommendations for fat feet? I wear a EE to EEEE, depending on the shoe. Of course, the stuff I'd love to buy don't go past a very narrow D width.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Any recommendations for fat feet? I wear a EE to EEEE, depending on the shoe. Of course, the stuff I'd love to buy don't go past a very narrow D width.

The ultimate answer is bespoke shoes. Those are made to fit your exact feet ... they measure your feet before they begin making them, and the shoes are designed for your feet.

Of course, that ain't cheap. Not by a long shot. :eek:

(Four figures, and you just hope it starts with a 'one'.)

Hopefully our fat-footed members will chime in with favourite wide-model makers.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Allen-Edmonds all the way...
The Brooks Brothers shoes under their BB name are supposedly made by AE, the other ones they carry are made in England.

You can't go wrong with Allen Edmonds, Alden and Johnston & Murphy. If you can find them, the AE Walton are top-rate. If you can find NOS Nettleton wingtips jump on them, IMO, the best wingtip ever made.

Hi, I want to buy my first high end ( for me ) Black Cap-Toe Oxford spending 2-300 US dollars. I'm liking Meermin or Johnston Murphy. Any thoughts or advice would be welcomed?

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I just checked their web site and it seems you got a great bargain. They seem to average closer to $400. The two I looked at only came in medium widths, so that's not going to be a shoe for me. They seem to be in the AE price range.

Top Bottom