What's new

Shoe bags?

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I’ve got a bunch of shoes. More than will fit in the closet. So I’ve got them sitting around exposed to the household traffic and dust. I’ve noticed many are collecting the dust like a magnet. Especially the black ones.

So beyond throwing a shopping bag over them what are some other options? And no, I don’t want to simply wipe them all off every other day.

Cheers!

I wouldn’t know where to pick up shoe bags that don’t come with the shoes. I have used older, warm out socks as shoe bags. Had a pair of spit shined boots on the shelf for 14 years. Pulled them out, gave them a once over polish and started wearing them again. Now that I’m off the job, they’re back on the shelf.

so that’s an option.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
A search on Amazon shows some options such as a 12 pack of drawstring shoe bags suitable for storage or travel for about $10. They have a clear window so you can see which pair are in which bag. Looks ideal. I suppose any zip lock food storage bag would be OK if it were large enough.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Some shoe bags as mentioned above should be cheap enough.
If you want a short term stop gap, maybe a old pillow case could be used as is or tailored to fit.

Shoe bags are very handy... not just for keeping shoes dust-free on the rack at home, I find them to be indispensable when travelling. I don't wish to have my shirts and underwear rattling around with unprotected shoes.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I rarely travel where I pack shoes in a suitcase. But my suitcase has shoe pockets that I use. Last time I used it was.....2009. Not the shoe pockets...the last time I used the suitcase was 2009. Last time I flew. When I travel by car I just throw clothes in the car.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I received shoe bags with the Allen Edmonds and I guess they spoiled me. Now I need more.

You can probably order some online. If you like the Allen Edmonds version, they likely sell them separately. Alternatively, a friend who is handy with a sewing machine could whip up a few pairs in no time at all.

I have seen a variety of bags (some specifically made for shoes) on AliExpress.

One thing I have considered...and thought of starting a thread here to ask for ideas is some small bureau of chest of drawers. Either something tall and narrow or something short and wide to hold a couple of pairs in each drawer. Something to keep the dust off and keep the room looking better.

I received shoe bags with the Allen Edmonds and I guess they spoiled me. Now I need more.

You probably want something nicer than these, then. https://www.amazon.com/Disposable-P...ywords=shoe+dust+covers&qid=1576526757&sr=8-7 I hate to admit that I am currently using these for some of my shoes, which I have on fairly nice shelves in my closet. Given how inexpensive nicer shoe bags seem to be. I might go for some. The AE bags certainly are nice. Beckett Simonon seems to send along fairly nice bags, too. I would not have thought they were all that useful, but they do tend to preserve a shine and keep any dirt from the shoes from circulating in my closet, for, for that matter, in my suit case.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I have always slipped knee high stockings over my boots and dress shoes.
It has worked for me.

I repurpose the bags Crown Royal comes in.
1576528127889.png

I keep my shoes in the closet on a two level shoe rack. They do tend to collect dust, especially lately as I'm not wearing a suit everyday. Frankly I barely leave the house much these days. Different issue. I too have been annoyed to see my Johnson & Murphy cap toes and tassel loafers covered in thick dust even in the closet. I may go for the 12 pack of shoe bags mentioned about on Amazon. I do have a few that came with shoes such as the ones that came with a pair of Allen Edmunds. I think they take up the least amount of room. There are clear plastic containers that fit a pair of shoes but they would take up much more room. Thanks for this thread.

The ones I'm thinking would work well are the Dulcii Pack of 10 Non-woven Dust-proof. I'd get the larger size in blue to be sure my shoes will fit.

Last edited:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Good shoes and dress boots I keep them in the boxes that they came in on top of the wardrobe. After wearing them I usually wipe them down and put them in the box back on top of the wardrobe.

I had been looking at shoe bags on Amazon before coming across this thread. Has anyone had experience with them yet?
Thanks!

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I went with these: Amazon.com: 12PCS Travel Shoe Bags Non-Woven Storage with Rope for Men and Women Large Shoes Pouch Packing Organizers, Black: Shoes - https://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-Non-Woven-storage-Packing-Organizers/dp/B07DYVZKWC/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?keywords=Shoe+bags&qid=1579494709&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFXWENLS0xRQjZONyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRJZD1BMDc5ODAyMzJJS0VUU1JHS1hHT1omZW5jcnlwdGVkQWRJZD1BMDczMDI0MTVCQ1BTM1NBUkVBMCZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

One bag ripped already. They rip easily. They are big enough to store sneakers and dress shoes but if you have boots, like hiking boots you can only fit one shoe in the bag. Not a big deal for me. But a dozen for roughly 10 bucks I can’t complain to much. They work fine. I also like that you can see the shoes through the bags.

Top Bottom