What's new

Shochu

Does anyone know of a source for shochu in the US? I would really like the milk carton variety for home brews! Thanks in adavance!

You want to do what with it? Where are you located daikon?

I buy soju and schochu from Asian markets. The Chinese stuff is pretty rough. The Korean is dangerously smooth. There’s some fancy brands but I haven’t explored very much.

I am in the US - Florida.

I was looking for Southern Japanese Shochu. They used to have it in the supermarkets in half gallon milk style cartons. You could buy them, then take them home and use whatever recipe you wanted to flavor it. Every family had their own flavor and some recipes go back several generations.

Ah, ok. I find the milk jug packs at a Japanese market called mitzua in California. Not sure if an Asian market would ship to Florida? You might ask a local wine merchant if they could order it for you? When I was in Florida 2 years ago I did see some sake in a wine shop. So there must be some vendors who could source it for you.

There is a Liquor store in Miami that sells japanese chochu, i drink mine half: hot water / Chochu. Same strip mall as Matsuri Japanese Restaurant. (If you are in the area)

Top Bottom