What's new

Shirt on or off when shaving?

I remember back when I was quite young, some of the neighbor kids would slop food all over their faces, table & clothes. I decided even at such a young age not to be like them. I don't find it difficult to keep lather off my collar - of course I do prefer smaller brushes, which gives me better lather placement control.

I must admit to being baffled by the issues with soap everywhere. I don't have that particular issue, but rinsing my face off after the shave has water splashing everywhere and great puddles left on the sink counter. It's for that reason that I never really considered trying to shave with a shirt on.

I tend to shave after I shower, so shirt (and everything else) off. I can't imagine shaving with my shirt on...there's enough lather and water splashing around that I'd definitely get something on it eventually. I did used to shave with my bathrobe on sometimes, but I didn't really care if I got lather on it.

Actually, I take that back. Once upon a time, in my enlisted war fighting days, I would shave in a tee. Mainly because while everyone else was at the gym, I was off doing other things. And its much easier to keep the messes under control when spraying goop from a can into my hands. But other than that, shave sans shirt.

I tend to shave after I shower, so shirt (and everything else) off. I can't imagine shaving with my shirt on...there's enough lather and water splashing around that I'd definitely get something on it eventually. I did used to shave with my bathrobe on sometimes, but I didn't really care if I got lather on it.
Come to think of it, yes, I've used a bathrobe a few times -- a thick terrycloth one I've had for some years. It would have been during a spell of very cold weather in early 2018 (highs of 27 F. -- laughable to those of you with real winters), and similar times before and after that.

Interesting about the mention of outside temperatures. In the winter I always close the bathroom door so the heat from my shower stays in the room. It can tend to fog up the mirror but I just towel it off and open the door for just enough time to allow the steam to disapate a bit. Plus, I have heat in my house. So, as stated previously, it's a towel and only a towel for my shaves. Interestingly, I don't feel comfortable shaving completely naked. I guess I'm always just a little bit afraid that I might one day drop the razor and it might do some damage on the way down. I like my towel. Anything more is unnecessary.

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
Another vote for shaving in the buff, cause it's always right after I step out of the shower.

Right out of the shower no shirt.. It always cracks me up to see you tube shave folks do it with a shirt on.. I always wonder if they just pat it off what they can with a towel and go about their day. Some are really messy with the lather.

Top Bottom