What's new

Shipping Woes

I have 3 packages in various states of Shipping Flux (some razors and a Smpler Pack from West Coast Shaving) and it kills me every night when i get home and still nothing. I am not a patient man so online shopping kills me.:cursing:

I have 3 packages in various states of Shipping Flux (some razors and a Smpler Pack from West Coast Shaving) and it kills me every night when i get home and still nothing. I am not a patient man so online shopping kills me.:cursing:

proxy.php

:wink:

I prefer to buy from brick and mortar. It appears that our little hobby isn't big enough to be addressed by many of the stores. I think it all comes down to picking online vendors that we trust and have a little patience.

The trick is to try to forget that you ordered anything, put it out of your mind so when it shows up it comes as a pleasant "surprise". Much easier said than done. But I have gotten kind of good at it. Either that, or I am actually getting senile like my kids say...

For me the pain eased once I had a couple razors and my sampler of blades. Of course that doesn't mean I'm not a little sad when I check the mail box and my decoder ring...I mean shaving gear isn't there. Then once you forget about it there it is. It's like watching a pot of water boil.

I prefer to buy from brick and mortar. It appears that our little hobby isn't big enough to be addressed by many of the stores. I think it all comes down to picking online vendors that we trust and have a little patience.

I prefer the instant gratification of Brick and Mortar as well but the convenience of shopping from work as well as the harder to find items make the internet too tempting.

I like good deals... I have NO problem waiting if it saves me money, hell - even a few dollars. Most of us here have so much shaving gear, it doesn't really matter all that much, but personally I like ordering online, saving $, and getting the "present" when the package arrives.

Half the fun is the wait/anticipation.

If you're in Ottawa you can shop at (provided you like Proraso):

Il Negozio Nicastro (Wellington & Glebe)
La Bottega (downtown)
Glebe Apothecary
Luciano's (Little Italy)

If you're in Ottawa you can shop at (provided you like Proraso):

Il Negozio Nicastro (Wellington & Glebe)
La Bottega (downtown)
Glebe Apothecary
Luciano's (Little Italy)

I got my Proraso and Boar hair Omega Brush from The Glebe Apothecary and have seen Proraso Soap and Cream at Shoppers as well as some Florena. Men Essentials brick and Mortar in Westboro is great but for Vintage razors and a good selection of blades I had no choice.

I like UPS because you can use their tracking system to watch the package move your way. They are very accurate in giving the delivery date in advance.

I've been waiting for my brush and razor to fly from US to Singapore since the 18th....Hopefully, they're on their flight now....:sad:

Top Bottom