What's new

Shipping to the office?

Just out of curiosity, why do so many people do it?

Is it to avoid the hassle of trying to get something from the post office while working full time and the danger of signing to have it left at your door?

Or is it darker? Perhaps to hide your disease from loved ones :biggrin1:?

I can understand the first one, but the second confuses me.

One of my colleagues got it sent to work (not shaving gear though, pc stuff) because he said he was available more at work than at home, makes sense to me.

One of my colleagues got it sent to work (not shaving gear though, pc stuff) because he said he was available more at work than at home, makes sense to me.

That's basically the reason I assumed. Just curious. I'm like that.

Both. It certainly is more convenient than getting the notice in the mailbox and having to trapse down to the post office to pick up the parcel. But...

I have had certain shaving stuff sent to the office to avoid having the inevitable, "Why the h3ll do you need five shaving brushes/1000 razor blades/10 razors/12 shaving soaps/etc., anyway???" with SWMBO!

always someone there during shipping hours and my wife isn't there :tongue_sm

easier to sneak into rotation and no justification needed as to why i have ANOTHER brush or ANOTHER razor or ANOTHER cream or ANOTHER pack of blades or ANOTHER....well, you get the point.

And its a good way to start a conversation with co-workers, with intentions of converting them over.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I normally prefer having stuff sent to the office, depending on what it is, of course. I bought a TV last year and had it delivered. The TV itself is not that big but catching the tram with it during peak hour wouldn't be wise. Other smaller things, I try to have them delivered at the office. I'm doing it less and less as the receptionist at work is grumpy about it. Even work related package, she will throw the stuff around, which is odd but no one seems to do anything about it.

I am lucky that SWMBO works at home so it's not an issue. My other half is well aware of what I buy and we don't have secrets like that. I wish I would be the one working at home... One day... :001_smile

And its a good way to start a conversation with co-workers, with intentions of converting them over.

another good reason!

there are a couple of us in my office that are on B&B, so when a new package arrives, all the DE shavers gather around to show off the new items and let others see the new gear, give out samples etc.

we also pool our orders to save on shipping, so it's easier for it to come to the office where we all work

we also pool our orders to save on shipping, so it's easier for it to come to the office where we all work

That seems like the best reason I have ever heard! I'm looking forward to getting a job where I can convert co-workers. I've worked my magic on two roommates so far, though they aren't on B&B.

Both. It certainly is more convenient than getting the notice in the mailbox and having to trapse down to the post office to pick up the parcel. But...

I have had certain shaving stuff sent to the office to avoid having the inevitable, "Why the h3ll do you need five shaving brushes/1000 razor blades/10 razors/12 shaving soaps/etc., anyway???" with SWMBO!

In my case I ship to work if I know that no one is going to be home on delivery day. As far as SWMBO is concerned, she has a EJ DE86, a M&S earthenware bowl, a £25 EJ Badger brush, a big supply of Merkur blades, a big tub of TOBS rose cream and her choice of my creams, so she can get stuffed. My only addiction is creams and she understands that I have my regular two and after that I only buy one when one is used up. SWMBO also understands that cream choice is mainly based on mood, so it pays to have a few or 10 different ones to hand.

FedEx Office (Kinkos) has a service called "Hold at Location". I have used it shipping some shave gear. Of coarse the shipper has to have a FedEx Office (Kinkos) in the area that the parcel is going to. Anything other than ground is coast prohibitive.

That seems like the best reason I have ever heard! I'm looking forward to getting a job where I can convert co-workers. I've worked my magic on two roommates so far, though they aren't on B&B.

i was a "convertee", thanks to Penmanship. he's converted a few people in our office. :001_cool:

inb4 the "Tsk, tsk, its so bad to lie to your wife, you will wind up divorced." posts start.

haters. :angry:

Top Bottom