What's new

Shipping Time from Portugal?

I ordered a Tatara razor from the company and it is shipping to the states from Lisbon. The tracking information they provided doesn't reveal very much. Does anyone have experience with the shipping time to the states. One week? Two weeks?

It took a while for Portugal to Canada, ordered a Masamune and a Nodachi on 23-Dec-2019, arrived 23-Jan-2020. Then a second Masamune arrived on 12-Feb-2020. LOL. I ended up buying the extra one for the genetic offspring in case they want one.

Probably 3-4 weeks if you used their Standard low cost shipping. It takes about 4 weeks in transit time from Spain. Two weeks from UK/France.

R

romsitsa

It heavily depends on what shipping method and provider theit y choose, so I'd ask the shop.
A recent example: a pack I sent, arrived to Canada in 10 days, while another, sent to Spain the very same day, is still in transit.
Tracking is also a issue sometimes. For eg. the US Post doesn't provide tracking information to the Hungarian post, so once a pack reached the other side of the ocean, it's "invisible". Except the sender starts an inquiry, which can take up to 30 days to answer, and if the pack was delivered during that period, one has to pay a fee for the inquiry.

Thanks to all for the timely information. I had just placed an order with Gifts & Care this past weekend. Based upon the consensus, I guess I should stop running to my mailbox each day looking for their package. I am going to forget the order and just be surprised when it arrives.

I would like to update my post. My preference for shaving soaps and aftershave balms are those made by artisans in Spain. It has been my experience that it takes approximately three (3) weeks from the date of shipping, in Spain, for me to receive my orders in Wisconsin. I hope this helps put shipping times in perspective for our members.

I think Spain is doing better than Portugal. If you want your expectations for Portugal origin packages to be revised to close to zero, go read some reviews of Portugal's postal service by citizens trying to live in Portugal with bills delayed for months (even before the pandemic).

Update: my second shipment took two months to leave Portugal and get to New York. Then two days to the west coast and my doorstep.

Thanks are due to Portuguese Factory - they did their part very promptly and offered me assurances when I was giving up. It is a top notch operation offering integrity and dealing with these bad times as well as possible.

I will make a point of shopping with them again.

Top Bottom