What's new

Shipping from Australia to US

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
I recently (mid March) won an eBay auction from a seller in Australia who had listed international shipping to the USA. The transaction went through normally, but I never got a tracking number (not a complete surprise and I wasn't worried). The item showed as shipped as was supposed to arrive in the first week of April, but that actually seemed quick given the state of the world these days, so I wasn't worried when it didn't show. I've been getting increasingly nervous that perhaps the package is lost. I contacted the seller and I'm awaiting his/her reply.

My question is for anyone who has purchased something from Australia for shipment to the US (or vice versa) during the pandemic and is 6 weeks something to be alarmed about, or pretty much par for the course? I'm not panicking (yet)....just curious.

I made a purchase from that site and had a long wait for my parcel to make from Australia to Canada as well. I waited until the estimated arrival date and then informed the seller that it had not arrived. I figured that as long as I stayed in communication and messaged through the website, I'd have a record in case the item never showed.
If I remember correctly it arrived a few days later.

Flintstone65

I made a purchase from that site and had a long wait for my parcel to make from Australia to Canada as well. I waited until the estimated arrival date and then informed the seller that it had not arrived. I figured that as long as I stayed in communication and messaged through the website, I'd have a record in case the item never showed.
If I remember correctly it arrived a few days later.
I agree....I'm trying to do the same thing, and I'm hoping my package comes in few days as well. Thanks for the reply!!!

International shipping is FUBAR everywhere. I have been waiting since Apr 1 for some kamisori from The Netherlands, which the Netherlands Post says should have been 7 days. Their web site also says because of COVID, there are no flights going into the USA, and they are taking different paths to get shipments into the US, so for all I know, its going by boat, and then sitting at the dock for 14 days quarantine before is actually gets to the US postal service.

My guess is Australian Post is experiencing something quite similar.

I am still waiting on a Blackland Vector purchased from Maggards in the USA on 17 March to arrive in Australia. No tracking number, just a shipping confirmation email.

Shipping from the USA is normally the slowest and most expensive of any other country to Australia. It normally takes about a month for anything to arrive. Europe is a week. Within Australia is a few days. That said, I have never experienced a package go missing.

I wouldn’t be surprised if delivery times are double at the moment. A lot depends on the state of affairs in your own country. Australia has not been effected too badly by the pandemic but online orders are way up and the postal service is struggling to keep up.

From the Australia Post website.
74306C30-65B3-40D6-9C34-711C91FAC28D.png

Shipping from out of Conus.... even Canada is slow now days. It took 3 1/2 weeks to get a package from Canada to Texas. If you paid by PayPal, put in a claim on the transaction.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
The postal services seem crazy everywhere. Here in Australia I bought something from a place 2 hours drive away from my home. The parcel took 10 days to get here. I have bought a few things from Sydney which is 4 hours drive away. One item was here in 2 days and the other took nearly 2 weeks.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I recently (mid March) won an eBay auction from a seller in Australia who had listed international shipping to the USA. The transaction went through normally, but I never got a tracking number (not a complete surprise and I wasn't worried). The item showed as shipped as was supposed to arrive in the first week of April, but that actually seemed quick given the state of the world these days, so I wasn't worried when it didn't show. I've been getting increasingly nervous that perhaps the package is lost. I contacted the seller and I'm awaiting his/her reply.

My question is for anyone who has purchased something from Australia for shipment to the US (or vice versa) during the pandemic and is 6 weeks something to be alarmed about, or pretty much par for the course? I'm not panicking (yet)....just curious.
I have two Mondial boar brushes coming from Australia. Been roughly a month and counting.

Figure they'll get here when they get here. :)

Flintstone65

Thanks guys, I truly appreciate everyone's responses. The seller has been great and has offered to refund my money if the package doesn't arrive at the end of the week. I would much rather have the razor than the refund, and I heavily suspect that the package isn't loss, but rather caught in the vortex of delays being caused by the current situation. I'm going to tell the seller that I'm comfortable waiting for several more weeks, and if the razor doesn't arrive by the end of the month, then call it "lost at sea".

Thanks again to everyone, and stay safe!

I would say wait longer before you ask for a refund!
Economy international shipping is slow, especially in this crisis.

Last edited:
Top Bottom