What's new

Shipping Costs for Stones from the UK

There are some very nice stones for sale on ebay from the UK, but the shipping charges often are $50+, as much or more than the stone.

Why are the UK's shipping charges so much more than other countries?

A: Uk shippers charge a lot.
B: They don't get the subsidies that "poor" countries often do.
C: I think they virtually all use the UK version of eBays Global Shipping Program, and it's VERY expensive.
D: Probably other reasons too.

Agree on all counts.

I once (grudgingly) paid $40+ shipping for something from the UK and it arrived at my home in Oregon *literally the next day* — before dinner, even. I'm still astonished to this day. It was sort of worth it, if only for the novelty. I surely didn't need a razor that fast :p

Yeah I recently spoke with a UK ebay seller and he said it was because of the awful Ebay GSP. If they don't use the GSP it costs around $20 or so.

UK international post costs are relatively high, and they've gone up quite a lot in the last few years. They're broadly comparable to, probably actually a little less than, shipping stuff internationally from the US, which is pretty expensive compared to a lot of countries. And it's to do with reduced public expenditure for postal services.

The really big kicker though as others have said is ebay GSP, which is crazy.

Top Bottom