What's new

Shipping aftershave to Canada

Forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere. I have seen many posts lists CONUS for packages containing alcohol. I know of at least one Canadian vendor who ships AS to the USA and want to make sure there is no issues if I send a package containing aftershave to Canada.

thanks for your help

Under a certain weight (1lb maybe) and you are fine. Wrap the lid with tape and then bag it and put some paper towel in it to soak up any leakage that hopefully will never occur.

I've had AS shipped from overseas as well as from WCS.

Under a certain weight (1lb maybe) and you are fine. Wrap the lid with tape and then bag it and put some paper towel in it to soak up any leakage that hopefully will never occur.

I've had AS shipped from overseas as well as from WCS.

If you try to send a package via the USPS they will likely ask you if there are flammable liquids inside. There is no small volume exemption.

UPS has the same restrictions.

^ pretty sure WCS is not doing anything shady when they send them from US to CAD and they come USPS and then Canada Post takes over.

here was there response when I asked last year and maybe things have changed since then.....https://www.usps.com/ship/can-you-ship-it.htm

Hello Bruce,

Yes we can ship Colognes to Canada. As long as it it under a certain weight. If your order is over that weight we will send it in two boxes. Have a great day.

Best Regards,
Kevin

Last edited:
I think you'd have to send it surface (ground) mail. I think the restriction pertains to air shipments. I may be wrong though.

They can ship it but it has to be via slower ground service, they will not ship it via air.

From the USPS page:

"Perfume − Perfume containing alcohol is prohibited on air transportation, and can only be shipped domestically via surface transportation. Perfume containing alcohol is prohibited in international shipments."

So if folks are shipping it overseas, it's not being declared..which is not a smart thing to do, both due to legality and possibly endangering flights.
I don't think Canada is included under the no international shipping, since they're neighbors and ground shipments can go right through.

I didn't specifically ask about Canada, but I asked my post office this month about shipping AS & they told me it has to go parcel post.

I think there are problems with importing alcohol into Canada. You might be safer ordering a balm.

I am in Canada and as stated above, I've ordered alcoholic splashes from overseas (Spain) as well as the US and they have not been held in customs or had any duties tacked on.

when ordering from vendors, it's best to check in advance. when ordering from members, just make sure they know the shipping restrictions ahead of time and never ask anyone to make a declaration on a form that is not accurate or against any shippers restrictions

I realize perfumes are prohibited for air shipment and must go ground . I really wonder why, I know they have alcohol but generally aftershaves , don't know about perfumes, have such a low alcohol content that I have not noticed a flammable labeling. Shipping USPS if the product package is not labeled flammable, I would not declare it flammable!

Thanks for the responses guys. I had created this thread b/c I had been contacted about a n00b kit I had listed on bst from a Canadian member. I remember reading conflicting answers, and figured you guys would best be able to respond.

Canadian shipping is no longer an issue, as the kit is on its way to LA, USA.

Thanks everyone for chiming in and expressing your knowledge and thoughts.

Top Bottom