What's new

Shipped to Canada

Howdy to all the well-shaved Canucks perusing B&B,

So, I was wondering if any of you have placed orders from QED? If so, how long did it take for your orders to arrive on the Northern side of the 49th parallel? Charles shipped my first order about 9 days ago… and the anticipation is killing me!

NMMB said:
Howdy to all the well-shaved Canucks perusing B&B,

So, I was wondering if any of you have placed orders from QED? If so, how long did it take for your orders to arrive on the Northern side of the 49th parallel? Charles shipped my first order about 9 days ago… and the anticipation is killing me!

If it's any consolation, it generally takes an inordinate amount of time for mail from Canada to the US to arrive as well. I've sent to and received from Canada and it's unusual for anything to take less than 7-9 working days in either direction. Frustrating....no?

I usually get mine in about a week from QED, including the weekends. Charles is one of the best online retailers to do business with.:smile:

About 1 - 1.5 weeks is more or less what I expected... the shipment may have to cross the IRON CURTAIN that is the Canada-US border, but it is still only about 775km... guess I'll just have to wait some more! I'm sure that it will eventually show up.
:001_smile

Well Michael, while there is nothing quite as satisfying as instant gratification, you can feel truly empowered after you receive your order from the red and blue states.
I believe the real issue lays in an unwritten policy of the Great White North's national government. It is all tied to economics. I am sure that if the customs highwaymen were adequately remunerated (bribed?) these parcels would probably get to the intended recipients more quickly, particulary those carrying colognes. Augh, such dangerous kit!
I posted a tube of C&E Sandalwood Shaving Cream to a friend in Yellowknife at Christmas present, an unsolicited gift, and it never made it past those uniformed henchmen. Several inquiries revealed nothing. Oh well..

guenron said:
Well Michael, while there is nothing quite as satisfying as instant gratification, you can feel truly empowered after you receive your order from the red and blue states.
I believe the real issue lays in an unwritten policy of the Great White North's national government. It is all tied to economics. I am sure that if the customs highwaymen were adequately remunerated (bribed?) these parcels would probably get to the intended recipients more quickly, particulary those carrying colognes. Augh, such dangerous kit!
I posted a tube of C&E Sandalwood Shaving Cream to a friend in Yellowknife at Christmas present, an unsolicited gift, and it never made it past those uniformed henchmen. Several inquiries revealed nothing. Oh well..

My heart goes out to your friend in Yellowknife - a tube of C&E cream is a great gift, but it would be terrible not to get it. Did you have the package insured? I’ve been told that Canada Post is very good about replacing lost (or broken) items that were insured (I don't know if the same can be said for the USPS or not). That said, I have had very good luck shipping with Canada Post; they have never misplaced or broken anything that I have either sent or received, to date. However, I will admit that very little of the stuff that I ship, or have shipped to me, (and there isn't much in either direction) crosses international boarders... so perhaps the problem(s), if any exist, are with the Canada Border Services Agency.

Patience my friend! I live on the other side of our fair province. I've bought from QED before. Charles is quick and efficient, unfortunately I can't say the same for Canada Customs. I think it took about two weeks to get the goods (if memory serves). Just think of the rewards for waiting so patiently! Hang in there.

gzb10

Charles is indeed amazing with his customer service and rapid delivery!

My shipments have arrived at anywhere between 6 and 14 days, however, you should know that IF the shipment is valued over C$20, then Canada Post will assess their $5 brokerage fee (if it is being shipped USPS. It will be at least $20 if it's shipped UPS whether there are additional taxes to pay or not) and Canada Customs' pound of flesh (GST & PST) which can slow down the process up to a week or two. Also if there are assessed charges (making the shipment COD) and there is nobody at the door to pay, then you will have to wait untill the next day to either go and pick it up at a Canada Post or arrange re-delivery with UPS.

Package 1 (of 2) from QED arrived today. Hoorah! I am now the proud owner of a Merkur progress, some Taylors Rose SC and a couple of blue atomizers. I can't wait to tr them later.

I've been surprised to find that UPS is often cheaper to Canada than the USPS. (My wife is Canadian, so we fairly frequently ship to Canadian relatives.) Plus, of course, with the UPS tracking and insurance are included in the fee.

I was surprised to learn that Men Essentials ships via UPS and it costs less than shipping via Canada Post even when they are only shipping about 15km (to my place).

Leisureguy said:
I've been surprised to find that UPS is often cheaper to Canada than the USPS. (My wife is Canadian, so we fairly frequently ship to Canadian relatives.) Plus, of course, with the UPS tracking and insurance are included in the fee.

I refuse ANY UPS shipments from the States! They typically add $30 or more on top of their shipping charges for "brokerage" fees. To add insult to injury, even if there is no 'brokerage" invoved because there are no taxes assessed by Canada Customs(GST or General Sales Tax and PST or Provincial Sales Tax on goods valued over $20) I've still been assessed their brokerage fee.

The lowest brokerage fee I've had to pay UPS was $22, but that was 5 years ago, and again, it was on goods that weren't even assessed by Canada Customs because it was below the $20 threshold. It's not very amusing when their brokerage charges are more then the cost of the merchandise being shipped (and that's before the actual cost of shipping)!

Hardly a bargain, regardless of tracking or insurance.

Don't misunderstant, I am not ranting at just UPS because Fedex is just as bad. I've done enough business with shippers from the States to know to avoid those two carriers, even if I have to pay a litle more and wait a little longer for a USPS shipment.

Very interesting about the brokerage fees thing. I didn't know. I'll check with the relatives to see if they've been hit, though of course what we were shipping was "gifts."

Top Bottom