What's new

Shiny DE's

We have very hard water here in h-town and im trying to find ways to keep my merkurs clean and shiny. Im using this product in a purple botle called bam for water spots and stuff and then when it is dry I use a tuff cloth. But still after a shave or two if I dont dry it real good there is soap scum hard water crap or something. ANy suggestions

Try using an old toothbrush on your razor after each shave, and then drying. No cleaners, and be careful not to touch the blade. AND, here is a thought...have you "waxed" your razor. Disassemble your razor, and wax it with Turtle Liquid Wax. Be sure when you are through that you give it a thorough buffing and cleaning to be sure you have left no chemicals behind.

Randy

I use a product called Clean Shower. It is a spray used after each shower to keep the shower clean. It fights soap scum and mildew. I tried this on my DE razor when I change the blade. It works very easily on the razor and keeps it clean and shiny.

Sean, I use Klasse AIO on my razors. As you probably know, Klasse works wonders. I don't use SG on it though. :biggrin:

Austin said:
Sean, I use Klasse AIO on my razors. As you probably know, Klasse works wonders. I don't use SG on it though. :biggrin:

Do you follow up with a coat of p21s or souveran :w00t:

gage0921 said:
Where can I find this at

Any grocery store, walmart, etc. It is what I use on my high-end cookware. If you can't find it, Cameo is essentially the same thing. It is an abrasive powder.

Scotto said:
Any grocery store, walmart, etc. It is what I use on my high-end cookware. If you can't find it, Cameo is essentially the same thing. It is an abrasive powder.

what kind of pad do you use on your cook ware

gage0921 said:
what kind of pad do you use on your cook ware

On my All-Clad cookware (stainless steel surface), I just use a sponge and some Bartenders Friend. My wife also keeps around those plastic-mesh covered scrubbie things but I mostly use the sponge and powder.

Top Bottom