What's new

Shiner Holiday Cheer

Picked up a six pack the other night, and it is one of the best seasonal brews I have ever tried.

I know Shiner is a big deal down here in Texas, so I am not sure if it available everywhere, but I highly recommend this brew.

It has a hint of peach that is just right for after dinner.

It is brewed down here in a city called Shiner, TX. Their main brew, Shiner Bock, is probably my favorite dark beer. (I am ussually a lager type guy)

I can't say that it's an Aggie thing, but I hadn't heard of Shiner until I went to A&M. Hard to find outside of Texas.

I've been looking forward to it. Ican't find it grocery stores but the B&M says they'll get it any day now. I'll just keep enjoying Shiner Bohemian Black Lager until then.

DL

It was actually in Addison at Goody Goody. I am not a Black Lager fan, but the Blonde is also very tasty.

I've had the Holiday Cheer and I guess I was just expecting something completely different. The peach taste was good, but not your typical Holiday offering. I know they do export out of the state. A buddy of mine in the airforce was able to find it in Spokane, WA.

It is brewed down here in a city called Shiner, TX. Their main brew, Shiner Bock, is probably my favorite dark beer. (I am ussually a lager type guy)

"probably" your favorite dark beer ptx? Come on now....we may have to banish you somewhere like Arkansas or Oklahoma if you keep talking that blasphemy :001_tongu

"probably" your favorite dark beer ptx? Come on now....we may have to banish you somewhere like Arkansas or Oklahoma if you keep talking that blasphemy :001_tongu

hahaha, alright, in an effort to keep my Texan citizenship, I will admit it is my favorite dark. BUT Negro Modelo is a close second...

V

VR6ofpain

I'd love to try it. I'll look at Bevmo maybe. My local grocery stores and wine/liquor shop only have Shiner Bock (which is actually very good).

hahaha, alright, in an effort to keep my Texan citizenship, I will admit it is my favorite dark. BUT Negro Modelo is a close second...
I love Negra Modelo. I actually have 4 left of a sixer in the fridge!

I was exiled to South Carolina for 3 years, and was surprised to find Shiner all over the place in that state... So it's definitely available in some places outside of TX.

Never tried the Shiner Holiday, but drank gallons of the Bock and Blonde when I lived in San Antonio. Got my father-in-law hooked on the stuff too; now he keeps his fridge stocked for me whenever we visit him in Washington State. I've only seen it once in Alaska though.

Good stuff, and a great story behind the brewery.

Gotta love those Shiner brews!

The Black Lager has become my go-to Shiner product, but only because the amazing #98, Bavarian Amber, never made it into regular production.

Shame, too. One of the best beers I've ever had. :ohmy:

I always get their Holiday releases, too . . . they're generally true Julbiers and great for the season.

NANP™

Thanks for the tip! I'll have to get some. I've yet to try a Shiner that I didn't like. I loved the Smokehaus Ale they had out during the Summer. The Black Lager, Optimator, and Commorativ are nice brews as well.

I know this is a heck of a bump,
Shiner can be found all over AZ as well, and it is one heck of a good micro-brew!
Usually I drink Hefewiezens (Shiner makes an okay one) but the Shiner bock is exceptional. I will have to look for the Holiday one!

Top Bottom