What's new

Shimming the Wolfman

@Hannah's Dad
Quick Q: If I have a 1.15 WR2, and add one shim, do we know the approximate GAP it will lead to? same with 2 shims, etc.

does one shim will make it to 1.25 and 2 shims to 1.35, etc? Just to have an idea what equivalent WR2 per any added shim to my 1.15

Last edited:
@Hannah's Dad
Quick Q: If I have a 1.15 WR2, and add one shim, do we know the approximate GAP it will lead to? same with 2 shims, etc.

does on shim will make it to 1.25 and 2 shims to 1.35, etc?
I think you would need to measure your shims maybe it depends on if you just cut a blade or a piece of plastic.I'm not done it but I was watching couple videos and gathered up some plastic some was .20 mm I think some was .40 mm. that might not be right but that's the way I see it. Was it @loot that used a shim a lot?

I think you would need to measure your shims maybe it depends on if you just cut a blade or a piece of plastic.I'm not done it but I was watching couple videos and gathered up some plastic some was .20 mm I think some was .40 mm. that might not be right but that's the way I see it. Was it @loot that used a shim a lot?

I just made 3 shims from DE blades. but i dont know the width of DE Blades.

I think it’s important to point out that this experiment enabled my decision to trade my 1.25 for a 1.55. And the 1.55 is wickedly efficient but still very smooth (and comfortable) with a Feather and steep angle of attack.

You are a "bad influence" to me :c9:. Your post made me make another shim (4 total), so I can try a "1.55" version after I try the "1.35 (2 shims)

Are you using a sharp(er) blade with a steep angle?
A Feather gives me the best overall experience. I don't think I'm using too steep an angle but It feels like an ABC old style or a New.

3 years ago I wanted a gap similar to the Toggle but back then neither James nor I had a good idea of the number. He thought .48 would be mild but effective. I think it is too mild now that I have tried wider gaps on other razors.

Top Bottom