What's new

Shield Meteorite Gem razor!!!!!!!

This was a birthday gift and maybe it should have been something more practical but sometimes I like to chance things. Ordered directly from the Shield store on AliExpr. and even had a good conversation with whoever it was that was answering my question. I should have asked there name to be honest. Very helpful. So as the title says , it is a Shield gem style razor in Meteorite finish. Engraved design and the finish is baked on. They packed everything in bubble wrap and then again all together in bubble wrap. Am extremely generous amount of Gem blades were sent as well. I think it was from our conversation after I mentioned this had been my requested gift this year. A few years ago it had been my loved Sabre. It's still the heavyweight champ but this is very close from my first shave. I was worried the gem blades were knockoffs but they seem to look identical and are very good. In retrospect a polished plain ti is more my style and I wouldn't worry about the finish, but I love the looks of this. So rant over here are the pics.
IMG_20230330_185243308.jpg
IMG_20230330_185758114~2.jpg
IMG_20230330_185811815~2.jpg
IMG_20230330_185803805~2.jpg
IMG_20230330_204621420~2.jpg
IMG_20230330_185838619~2.jpg
IMG_20230330_204841126~2.jpg
IMG_20230330_204823008~2.jpg
IMG_20230330_204807249~2.jpg
IMG_20230330_204856249~2.jpg

As an additional note. The underside is not finished on the head pieces, and the thread post is like the Sabre. The threads might nmbe slightly rougher but are good. It's a different thread feel to conventional posts. Karve still has the best threading I have ever tried, it's literally butter lol.

These are great razors for the price. Mine is the AC version matte finish but if you go on to the Boti Brush website and click private stock you will find a polished AC version with a beatiful handle all for $120 in Ti delivered. Delivery from China took 9 days door to door. Besides the Ti stand they threw in a Boti synthetic brush.
Boti Ti AC.jpg

These are great razors for the price. Mine is the AC version matte finish but if you go on to the Boti Brush website and click private stock you will find a polished AC version with a beatiful handle all for $120 in Ti delivered. Delivery from China took 9 days door to door. Besides the Ti stand they threw in a Boti synthetic brush.
View attachment 1630017
Sorry to go off topic but I haven’t seen too many posts on this razor. How does the shave compare to the Hawk A? And the Vector (either the SS or Ti version if you have had or have it)?

Sorry to go off topic but I haven’t seen too many posts on this razor. How does the shave compare to the Hawk A? And the Vector (either the SS or Ti version if you have had or have it)?
I'm curious of the other razors they have since I'm so happy with this one too. Also I used my Sabre for a head shave today to compare and my new ish feather dx on my face. The Sabre was fabulous. It's literally just great. The one thing that seperated these two is the post. The Sabre post is twice as long and wider , I didn't measure but neither handle is swap able. I am in the habit of coating everything in polishing wax to prevent rust and help lube things. Since my Johnson Wax is discontinued I used minwax to try to help the threads. The shield angle is completely different so that throws me off alot as others have said. That's the one weak point of this razor, but the strong points are lighter weight being titanium, cheaper even plus a base. As well as even cheaper without this designs. I will try a head shave with this one soon , overall it's damn good. I will note other things I have of ti are also rough and grainy feeling.

Top Bottom