What's new

She's a Killer Creeeeeam

(Sorry 'bout the lame pun tittle)

I started using Trumpers cream when my brother loaned me a bit to try.

In my opinion, its the killer cream. The one that I know will always give me the best shave. As a result I rarely use it. I know how good it is. I'm in this stage of "trying out as much as I can" knowing that I can rely on good ol' Trumpers.

There must be others in the same situation.

Do you not use a cream because you know it is the best you can get?
Do you spend gobs of money on other products knowing that when you are done :)laugh: ha ha you're never done!) you can go to wherever and buy a case of your favourite and be perfectly happy for the rest of your shaving life?!?!?

I started using Trumpers cream when my brother loaned me a bit to try.

In my opinion, its the killer cream. The one that I know will always give me the best shave. As a result I rarely use it. I know how good it is. I'm in this stage of "trying out as much as I can" knowing that I can rely on good ol' Trumpers.

There must be others in the same situation.

Do you spend gobs of money on other products knowing that when you are done :)laugh: ha ha you're never done!) you can go to wherever and buy a case of your favourite and be perfectly happy for the rest of your shaving life?!?!?

Which Trumper's do you have? I have Limes, Rose, and GFT. The Trumper's GFT is probably my favorite cream that I've used.

I tend to use some of my favorite scents a little less so they last a bit longer but I always look at myself in the mirror and insult myself for being so stupid. I think it's more a financial thing right now because I have 1 cream I LOVE and several others that I just like and i'm concerned if I use up all of my favorite, I won't have enough cash to get some more and i'll be reduced to the use of slightly more mediocre items.

I'm a huge fan of the Limes and Coconut.
I'm using the soap in my rotation right now because I have some, but I prefer the cream.

In fact, I'd tell you that its:

Recommended at the price
Insatiable an appetite
Wanna try?

Why not use your favorite smell till you find something "better" and then continue the process until you come back around to that scent as your favorite again. This would make it so you always have a legitimate reason to by a new scent as your favorite scent starts to get old. It's like the ultimate AD circle of life. :thumbup:

Except that you're never done until you wind up with a drawer full of creams that you don't know what to do with. Several become favorites but most just take up space and get used only because you spent the money on them. Then, in the end, you come across a soap like Cella which makes ALL your favorite creams expendable and starts a new AD.

No, as a matter of fact. I have now retired a variety of creams which will be PIF'ed on my next trip stateside. I have found a few creams and soaps that are absolutely fantastic. I might as well shave with what I love, and that produce the best possible result.

I might as well shave with what I love, and that produce the best possible result.

Now see there, that's what the end result ought to be.
But no, I can't seem to get there.
There are too many products to try.
I kicked the hardware AD', but now the software has hit full force.

Not really. I have Proraso as a backup but mainly because I might forget to prep a soap, or change my mind to shave part way through a shower. I use Proraso as a backup, rather than Creamo or e-Shave only because it's (1) open, and (2) I have so much of it, including the COBigalow tube. I have 7 remaining tubs of Mama Bear, a tub of Cella, a couple of Trumper's soaps, the above mentioned creams, a puck of current Williams, a couple of pucks from Col. Conk, a puck from Herbaria which I already know is not my kind of thing and will likely end up as bath soap, a bunch of samples from Trumpers and T&H, a couple of e-shave samples, and a sample from Castle Forbes. In fact, right now I'm preparing to just use the samples in order to get rid of them. I have too much product!!

If I were to say I really wasn't using something 'cause I know it's the best, I'd say it's more about Mama Bear soaps. And Cella, though that's the next tub in line. And I've heard good things about the Trumper's soaps. And about Creamo. And about T&H, and and and... :117:

I have a tub of Trumper's Lime that my wife gave me for Christmas, 2009. It has one shave of cream left in it. Maybe two.

I usually shave with Trumper's Lime on Sundays, so this coming Sunday will be its last hurrah.

It's a good cream, but I won't be replacing it.

Except that you're never done until you wind up with a drawer full of creams that you don't know what to do with. Several become favorites but most just take up space and get used only because you spent the money on them. Then, in the end, you come across a soap like Cella which makes ALL your favorite creams expendable and starts a new AD.

...which is why the one you know you love (for me it's T&H West Indian Limes) gets "saved" for the odd special occasion - because you have a cabinet full of creams & soaps you've amassed in the interest of finding the perfect product. I think the guy who first tried to explain that to his wife is the one who came up with the idea of having a "rotation".:biggrin1:

For me, it's Bluebeard's Revenge: I love it. However, it's almost done & I don't want it to finish, lol. Hence, I've ordered a Castle Forbes Lavender tub, just so that I can try something new.. It better be good! :tongue_sm

Last edited:
...which is why the one you know you love (for me it's T&H West Indian Limes) gets "saved" for the odd special occasion - because you have a cabinet full of creams & soaps you've amassed in the interest of finding the perfect product.

I track things like that in a spreadsheet. I'm trying to reduce the sheer quantity of stuff I've got by focusing on specific products until they're gone. Meantime, I'm not shopping or even listening to other products I might get later... like MWF and other MB shaving soaps and various T&H products and and and...

For me, it's Bluebeard's Revenge: I love it. However, it's almost done & I don't want it to finish, lol. Hence, I've ordered a Castle Forbes Lavender tub, just so that I can try something new.. It better be good! :tongue_sm

The Bluebeard's Revenge website is very confusing to me. I don't trust it.

Anyway, RE: OP--Probably it would be T&H Lavender.

Top Bottom