What's new

Sheffield Trio

I recently finished a trio of large-bladed Straights (an old Wade & Butch 8/8 wedge, Turner & Co. 7/8 Suffolk Works, & a 7/8 Geo Wostenholm Pipe). The blades of both the Turner and the W&B were in pretty sad shape and required some extensive time on the buffers. Some residual pitting remained, and I kept all three to a more satin finish. All three razors needed new scales (I picked up the W&B blade sans scales).

thanks for looking! :001_smile
-Kevin

Started out with a variety of potential materials, but decided to keep it fairly simple & 'dignified' on these old classics.
proxy.php

From top to bottom:
Wade & Butcher 8/8 Wedge: square point; honey horn scales; white bone endwedge, brass pins & domed washers; brass inner washers
Turner & Co Suffolk 'For Barber's Use' 7/8: hollow point; buffalo horn scales; original lead endwedge, brass pins & domed washers; brass inner washers
George Wostenholm 7/8 Pipe: square point; feathered black horn scales; matching endwedge, stainless pins & solid brass inner & outer washers
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
I've taken two of three to the hones already and had two very good shaves with the Wostenholm and the big W&B wedge. The wedge was a pain to hone (no surprise there!), but it eventually took a VERY keen edge.
proxy.php

Top Bottom