IMG_0248.JPG
IMG_0249.JPG
IMG_0253.JPG
IMG_0310.JPG
IMG_0311.JPG
IMG_0312.JPG
IMG_0313.JPG

Last edited:
Fresh off the bench. Both blades had scales that were totally shot. Fabricated new scales to old scales dimensions. Scales are book matched walnut burl with one coat of dark walnut stain and 4 coats of CA finish buffed to high gloss. Reused original lead wedge on both and both got new brass dome collars with brass pins.

Next is honing and shaving.

Fresh off the bench. Both blades had scales that were totally shot. Fabricated new scales to old scales dimensions. Scales are book matched walnut burl with one coat of dark walnut stain and 4 coats of CA finish buffed to high gloss. Reused original lead wedge on both and both got new brass dome collars with brass pins.

Next is honing and shaving.

They are both stunning mate you have done a fantastic job, its nice to see vintage razors brought back to life same with any razor.
But well done mate

Those can't be the same razors. You do damn fine work sir. Fine work indeed.

Sent from my phone using some app

IMG_0342.JPG
IMG_0343.JPG
IMG_0344.JPG
IMG_0345.JPG

Last big Sheffield sitting in waiting. My last piece of horn too. This one was already in amazing shape so I really didn't do anything to the blade. Had cheap plastic scales that did no justice.

Honey blonde horn scales with black horn wedge. An actual wedge, not a spacer, albeit a little thick. Fit and finish came out really nice on this one. And of course brass domes and pins.

Has initial bevel set but needs a proper honing all the way up to black ark before I can use it.

Top Bottom