What's new

Sheffield in Walnut

Okay heres my 4th custom scale attempt, the razor could be called something special since it bears my name well all bar the middle initial.

It is the C H Nicholls Full hollow from Castleford (just outside Sheffield)

The scales are Walnut with Obeeche spacer light CA finish and Brass inlay, the pinning is brass on Brass.

There are a few bits that I wish I had seen or spent some more time on but I like quirks (one of the brass inlays has a chunk missing near the wedge end, and one just before that is out of place) but it was nice to test this type of inlay and I will defiantly be using it in other places, most notably I did a test on some acrylic and it will work there too.

At the end I have some photos of the stands I have knocked up, there nothing special but they do the job (the 1st is a cheap box adjusted to fit razors).

Nice work! The "flaws" give it a bit of character :thumbup1:

The case is nice too...I'm just using an old cigar box and will be putting some slots in to accommodate my rampant SRAD! :lol:

Thanks for the comments, I am surprised how quickly this can be picked up, I just need to work on ironing out the quirks if i am putting that much time into it. But practice is experience.

funny how the hours seem to mysteriously stack up when you're working on projects like these.
Again, beautiful work
Keep them comming!

Beautiful scales!

I am working on a similar box idea to yours and you have inspired me to get it finished all ready :w00t:

Yeah about the box, the height of the box is a lot more than a razor, so that way of arranging it fills the box. The only problem I have is how to hold the wedge end of the razor in place, given the different sizes and shaped ends so it's still in progress, if you have any solutions please fill me in.

Yeah about the box, the height of the box is a lot more than a razor, so that way of arranging it fills the box. The only problem I have is how to hold the wedge end of the razor in place, given the different sizes and shaped ends so it's still in progress, if you have any solutions please fill me in.

I'm planning on converting an old cigar box for mine. I'm thinking of shallow slots to hold each razor (like an artist's pencil case), so I'll be cutting strips of basswood then putting a thin layer of foam in each slot. There should be enough space for 6 razors with a bigger compartment at the end for my Chinese 12k :001_smile

Top Bottom