What's new

Sheep Fat shave soap by Daveli Farms.

This soap is from a new shave soap maker, Daveli Farms Natural Food Market. I’m not familiar with their whole story on how the soap came to be but, they process quite a bit of meat products and actually use the fat from these products to produce their new line of shave soaps. I think they also offer body soap bars and the like but, I have no experience with their other soap products neither with their shave soap. But, I decided to give them a go as the prices were relatively cheap for 3.5 oz of shave soap. I ordered two pucks which came in as the pictures below show. Simply shrink wrapped in food wrap plastic and a label attached which is alright by me for the price. Besides, I have a few blank Stirling soap containers that I can and will place them into shortly. The scent from both pucks is quite nice but, the Bergamot, Neroli & Chamomile puck is really quite intriguing as the Chamomile gives those other two notes a different take on the fresh & clean vibe. I’ve already shaved today but, one of them is up in the batter’s box for tomorrow’s shave. We’ll see how it goes once steel meets lather…

07A4FD9A-D295-4346-921D-2EA950A71275.jpeg

481C663C-661A-4B22-9856-6578B2481D8F.jpeg

Just looked them up. Wish they had an unscented. Please let us know how it goes tomorrow. I'm interested.

A test lather. Looks and feels good. The scent is rather subdued once the lather is built. It actually takes water quite well with about half an almond sized amount of soap in the lather bowl. Has some tiny micro air bubbles but, still exhibits a nice rich texture that is silky to the touch.

90B5AF2D-5AD5-4BCE-97D0-64129CAFB858.jpeg

90BCDC25-6388-4ACB-9194-C78F8B49C473.jpeg

Put in 3-4 shaves with the Daveli Farms so far and it has been a pleasant surprise in terms of performance. The lather is quite good as I zoned in on it with the right amount of water and it is thick, creamy and luscious. Provides very good protection with an excellent amount of glide & slickness. Post is light and not heavy feeling at all with just a slight bit of dryness on my face but, that’s gone once I hit myself with Thayers and a skin food feeding splash. Complaint? For me since I’m used to having some really great smelling soaps, I find the Daveli soap to be very light in that respect. For those that prefer their soaps light on the fragrance end, this might fit the bill. For the price though, it’s hard to argue against.

I’m going to actually finish out the month with these soaps from Daveli and see how well they stand up to some other razors that provide a bit more aggression. Not to shabby though, not to shabby at all….

FC373E02-913B-449A-8536-62EEC4DDAA9B.jpeg

Last edited:
Wish they sold somewhere other than Facebook. I'm not getting Facebook to buy shave soap.

Ditto. Not for shave soap, not for anything, ever!
You can email or call him directly to order, that's what I did so that Facebook couldn't take an extra cut of the sale. I made my payment via Paypal G&S, so you'd have buyer protection if you were worried (it goes through their business account so there's not even a F&F option).

Another top notch shave with the Daveli Farms Green Tea shave soap. Used the Timeless SS Slim with a Bic Chrome and it was nothing but, smooth sailing from start to finish. The no frills soap provides plenty of thrills in the performance category offering excellent glide, slickness and just a real nice comfortable barrier for where the steel meets the skin. This soap punches well above its price point and I’d put it on par with Stirling in the price/performance field. A bit weak in the scent category (that’s just me as others may find it perfectly fine for them) and just a tad on the dry skin feel post shave for me but, for what one gets it’s an excellent overall value that gives exactly what a shaver needs. Comfort & protection with ease of use.

B9982EE4-3D1F-452A-903C-332F62D8A245.jpeg

Thanks very much for this thread. I'm gonna give these a go. I just ordered the Green Tea and the Orange Cedarwood Oakmoss shave soaps. I also ordered a bar of the Peachy Mango body soap because my wife loves peaches and mangos. I'll provide my impressions here also after I have a chance to use them.

Brisk autumn morning and went with the Daveli Farms green Tea soap again. It gave excellent protection with plenty of glide & slickness for the Karve open comb E plate paired with a Gillette 7 O’Clock Green blade. The quality of suds/lather that the soap provides for the low $$$ output is quite impressive. Dialing in the soap with small increments of water is the best way to go with this Daveli creation. Dense yet creamy and silky smooth that feels light on the skin with a real ease of rinse ability after a few strokes or each successive pass. The only caveat that I can find and this is just for me is the scent strength in itself. It’s super light and really not noticeable especially during lather build up and application on the skin. It just smells more soapy and slightly herbal. No animal fat type of scent at all that some Tallow based soaps can reveal. Post shave skin feel is slightly on the drier side but, that’s just my skin and it may not be an issue at all for many. To be honest, I’m just nitpicking as the soap as a whole brings excellent value with well above average performance attributes.

Worth the money if you ask me and will definitely look into other scent releases and perhaps drop them an email if they can make the soap scent a bit stronger. As is though, it’s a quality product. Hopefully they can get a direct website up and offer their soaps without having to be affiliated with FB. It would be a lot easier to acquire their products.

D848037C-EB00-410C-BEDC-92CF020759EB.jpeg

The owners are also on Reddit and advertising there. Apparently he was a member here but it didn't work out. ;) I asked him about an unscented soap. He replied that his "group of testers" didn't like the unscented soap that they had tried and chose these scents- and he wasn't interested in making/selling anything unscented.

Oh well, it is what it is. He does have a way to skip the FB buying, though. Phone orders and PayPal is what he said if I'm not mistaken.

A couple more shave soap pucks that I ordered recently. Orange, Cedarwood, Oakmoss & Satsuma Patchouli . Plus, they threw in a pork fat body soap which is scented with Patchouli & Clove. Nice touch by them as it wasn’t necessary but, I appreciate it nonetheless. I’ll put these through the scent test and in the shave soap rotation soon. Basic packaging again which I do appreciate and a little personal note by the owners. Really nice people to deal with. David is a solid Gent and takes the time to answer any question one may have. Extremely easy going in my experience and on the up and up. Got my order out to me in less than a week. Great customer service & support.

A1038AF8-B87A-4529-8EDE-E5EB6FA10E5B.jpeg

Last edited:
The owners are also on Reddit and advertising there. Apparently he was a member here but it didn't work out. ;) I asked him about an unscented soap. He replied that his "group of testers" didn't like the unscented soap that they had tried and chose these scents- and he wasn't interested in making/selling anything unscented.

Oh well, it is what it is. He does have a way to skip the FB buying, though. Phone orders and PayPal is what he said if I'm not mistaken.

I’ll be honest, these are some of the lightest scented soaps in the business. I mean really, really light. And once you begin to lather them up, it’s basically a clean soap scent with none of the traditional tallow fat like smell in some of the more renowned non scented tallow based soaps. If you’d like, pm me and I’ll get you some samples from the soaps that I have. I don’t brush load from the puck, I just scoop and drop it into a bowl and go from there.

Up to you. Happy shaves to you. :thumbup1:

I’ll be honest, these are some of the lightest scented soaps in the business. I mean really, really light. And once you begin to lather them up, it’s basically a clean soap scent with none of the traditional tallow fat like smell in some of the more renowned non scented tallow based soaps. If you’d like, pm me and I’ll get you some samples from the soaps that I have. I don’t brush load from the puck, I just scoop and drop it into a bowl and go from there.

Up to you. Happy shaves to you. :thumbup1:
Thanks for the generous offer! I'm trying to cut down on collecting, so I'll humbly pass at this time. It's much appreciated, though.

Finally came around to throwing the Satsuma-Patchouli shave soap into my shave bowl and getting some suds on for today’s shave. Ho-hum and nothing new to report except that it’s just an excellent shave soap that does the basics and then some to a tee. For those that have read my reviews and thoughts on the soaps from Daveli, dollar for dollar these are a real tough soap to beat. And they don’t skimp on the quality of the ingredients and benefits it brings to the shave consumer. The scent is on the lighter side but, there is this real nice floral accord with a bit of an earthy vibe mixed in from the Patchouli. Not strong or long lasting but, enough to let your scent receptors pick it up and say “Oh, that’s nice” and then see the guy staring back at me with a s**t eating grin. What a dope I says to meself. :letterk1:

The soap is on point Gents. Don’t mind the container, it’s a repurposed Grooming Dept soap container. I liked the artwork.
Great shaves to all….

042C3DFD-B47D-4F70-8E0F-B0FFD2CD5B9C.jpeg

Top Bottom