What's new

Sheehan v. Pelosi

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Catfight!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdQl5fkh8-c[/YOUTUBE]

I'm not saying I personally agree with everything she's ever said and done (I don't), but I respect Cindy Sheehan for expressing her outrage and actually doing something about it. There's many people out there that feel similarly, but for a multitude of reasons, don't participate or speak up.

From what I remember Spc. Casey Sheehan was very proud of what he was doing. Whether you believe the war is just or not, do her actions not dishonor him? I understand that she has the right to express her views on the war, and I do not pretend to know how it feels to lose a child, regardless of the circumstances. That being said, had I been KIA during my enlistment I would be twirling in my grave if my mother had behaved the way Sheehan has.

I can't fault Sheehan about being bitter about losing a son in a war that she and many more Americans feel they were essentally tricked into supporting. Parents react/respond in myriad ways to loss of a child. I also don't agree with everything Sheehan has done but I think that I understand the feeling of having to do something, anything, as a response to the war that took her son. I served as a helicoptor pilot in Vietnam and in the 82nd airborne during the Cuban Missile Crisis and would have been proud if my mother felt as Sheehan does about young men and woman going to this war. I can honestly say that when you're in harms way pride takes a backseat to survival.

Now as to Sheehan running for Congress - that's another story and the reality is that she really doesn't have the background, is quite naive and, in my opinion, would be an exercise in futility for her to run.

I'm afraid there's no happy ending to the Iraq war for anyone involved except those entitys that always profit from war.

I think Cindy Sheehan better smoke something a lot stronger if she thinks she will be able to oust Nancy Pelosi. She is a big blowhard and it seems she misses being in the media.
IMO, this shows how fractured the Democratic party is now. They are not able to get together for anything these days and I guess this is what happens when you run on a "Bush is bad" platform and not have a plan. Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid were great at complaining, but now are showing how unqualified they are to lead. Cindy Sheehan is a perfect example of just how in turmoil the Dems are.

I served as a helicoptor pilot in Vietnam and in the 82nd airborne during the Cuban Missile Crisis

As I always do when I find out that someone is a vet, especially one that served in a forward area during hostilities: Thank you for your service, your sacrifices and those of your family.

I'm afraid there's no happy ending to the Iraq war for anyone involved except those entitys that always profit from war.

I would imagine that those people in Iraq who would have otherwise ended up in one of the Husseins' torture and/or rape chambers might consider their current situation a little happier. I guess it depends on whether they (the Iraqi people) are able to take control of their country when we leave and not end up with a worse dictator that the one they had before.

I can't fault Sheehan about being bitter about losing a son in a war that she and many more Americans feel they were essentally tricked into supporting. Parents react/respond in myriad ways to loss of a child. I also don't agree with everything Sheehan has done but I think that I understand the feeling of having to do something, anything, as a response to the war that took her son. I served as a helicoptor pilot in Vietnam and in the 82nd airborne during the Cuban Missile Crisis and would have been proud if my mother felt as Sheehan does about young men and woman going to this war. I can honestly say that when you're in harms way pride takes a backseat to survival.

Now as to Sheehan running for Congress - that's another story and the reality is that she really doesn't have the background, is quite naive and, in my opinion, would be an exercise in futility for her to run.

I agree. I have a son slated to be deployed to Iraq. I can totally understand her feelings. I get tired of armchair Generals in our government who dodged the draft thinking they can put our sons and daughters in harms way with subterfuge and empty logic as to why we are there.

Unfortunately, Ms. Sheehan was a pawn in politics. Her naiveté served the left and became an enemy of the right.

I think Sheehan needs to either "go home," as she claimed she would when she left the anti-war movement, or at least come down to earth and live amongst the rest of us. I didn't agree with her initial protests in Crawford, but I understood and respected her pain in losing her son. Then she just turned against everybody -- the Democrats, the anti-war movement, and America itself when she wrote in her resignation letter: “Good-bye America ... you are not the country that I love and I finally realized no matter how much I sacrifice, I can’t make you be that country unless you want it. It’s up to you now.”

Well, golly gee Ms. Sheehan, I'm so sorry that the rest of us haven't lived up to your ideal. I guess we'll all need to try harder and, of course, vote for you! :thumbdown

Pelosi is heir to a 'crat machine out of Baltimore (I believe). Being a child of
wealth & privelege, her father having "catered" politically to the poor & oppressed back at the turn of the last century, she migrated to California for the "Big-Time".

Her wealthy husband & herself own several restuarants and continue the tradition of defending the poor & the real people as only the very rich can...

She, like JF Kerry, can afford all the botox shots she needs to look presentable....LOL...Botox is like the realization of Wilde's "Portrait of Dorian Gray"....There's some real monsters under some'a dem beautiful faces...

Regardless of political beliefs, I for one am really really really sick of families where "retail politics" is the "family business". I'm sick of Bushes. I'm sick of Clintons (please,
Chelsea don't ever let'em talk you into running), I'm sick of Kennedy's, really really really puke gagging sick of Kennedy's. LOL, the younger Kennedy's are all so drugged out,
corrupted, & probably hemapheliac enough that they may be done 'n over with, am also sick of Pelosi's & any other politician whose mommy or daddy was a politician too,
so yeah guess I'm sick of Gore's also...If I forgot to mention anyother political family I'm sick of, don't be offended, it was an error of omission only...

I used to have respect for Sheehan for the action she took and the attention she brought to the anti-war movement, but that all pretty much went out the window when she went to Venezuela to carouse with, and praise, Hugo Chavez. She protests one man she seemingly considers a tyrant, only to go carouse with another who has an even poorer track record in human rights, press fredoms, and is also known to meddle in other nations' politics because of his nation's oil wealth.

Pelosi is heir to a 'crat machine out of Baltimore (I believe). Being a child of
wealth & privelege, her father having "catered" politically to the poor & oppressed back at the turn of the last century, she migrated to California for the "Big-Time".

Her wealthy husband & herself own several restuarants and continue the tradition of defending the poor & the real people as only the very rich can...

She, like JF Kerry, can afford all the botox shots she needs to look presentable....LOL...Botox is like the realization of Wilde's "Portrait of Dorian Gray"....There's some real monsters under some'a dem beautiful faces...

Regardless of political beliefs, I for one am really really really sick of families where "retail politics" is the "family business". I'm sick of Bushes. I'm sick of Clintons (please,
Chelsea don't ever let'em talk you into running), I'm sick of Kennedy's, really really really puke gagging sick of Kennedy's. LOL, the younger Kennedy's are all so drugged out,
corrupted, & probably hemapheliac enough that they may be done 'n over with, am also sick of Pelosi's & any other politician whose mommy or daddy was a politician too,
so yeah guess I'm sick of Gore's also...If I forgot to mention anyother political family I'm sick of, don't be offended, it was an error of omission only...

You must be sick of being so SICK!:a46: Immediate attention is called for. Any Doctors on the forum?:biggrin:

Top Bottom