What's new

Shedding?

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
Those Varlets are so hard to get, I've only gotten them second hand. I now have one Everset K2 (same knot as the Varlet Mega), and a Varlet Gaslamp 29mm. I wouldn't advise holding your breath waiting for one of those to appear on the BST, but if I ever consider it I'll reach out to you first.

I'm apparently "on the list" FWIW, although from Aldo's latest response/update it's looking like January 2022 for me, which I'm sure of course is tentative and a moving target. ;)

But yeah man, if you ever get a wild hankering to part with another, you've always got a taker here :)

Now if I could just figure out a way to get a Black Eagle....

I'm apparently "on the list" FWIW, although from Aldo's latest response/update it's looking like January 2022 for me, which I'm sure of course is tentative and a moving target. ;)

But yeah man, if you ever get a wild hankering to part with another, you've always got a taker here :)

Now if I could just figure out a way to get a Black Eagle....
I hope you have better luck than I have had with emailing these guys. I signed up for Aldo's email notifications a couple of years ago and received one email about a drop soon after. I've received none since. Black Eagle is even more frustrating. I got on Bradley's wait list just in time for him to do away with it. He said in his announcements that he was opening a website and would be taking orders via online releases. He also stated that he was closing the wait list but would take care of all of the people who were on it first. He emailed me confirming that I was on the list, but never got back to me about the order. And Florian at Wiborg just doesn't answer most people. I think he only replies to people who have bought brushes from him in the past.

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
I hope you have better luck than I have had with emailing these guys. I signed up for Aldo's email notifications a couple of years ago and received one email about a drop soon after. I've received none since. Black Eagle is even more frustrating. I got on Bradley's wait list just in time for him to do away with it. He said in his announcements that he was opening a website and would be taking orders via online releases. He also stated that he was closing the wait list but would take care of all of the people who were on it first. He emailed me confirming that I was on the list, but never got back to me about the order. And Florian at Wiborg just doesn't answer most people. I think he only replies to people who have bought brushes from him in the past.

Ah yes, I forgot about the elusive Wiborg. Along with Varlet and Black Eagle they are the unicorns of the shaving brush world.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Although I am generally a minimalist, my experience with the Simpson Chubby 1 in best badger has convinced me to buy another Kent BK4 and have a two Kent rotation, perhaps the black handled one. I am always slow to pull the trigger. We shall see.

Although I am generally a minimalist, my experience with the Simpson Chubby 1 in best badger has convinced me to buy another Kent BK4 and have a two Kent rotation, perhaps the black handled one. I am always slow to pull the trigger. We shall see.
Then you better get crackin’ as the Kent badger line was discontinued and prices are creeping up for new old stock.

I love my BK8 and I am a huge Chubby 2 fan. The BK brushes might not be even nearly as dense as Chubby’s, but they are excellent IMO and not as floppy as many would expect.

Top Bottom