What's new

Shedding Question for Simpsons Owners

I'm currently using three Simpsons with a fourth out for reknotting. I have had another half-dozen over time. None ever shedded at all that I noticed.

--james

Did you contact the manufacturer?

I bought a Simpson last November and had the same problem. It was my first time with a Simpson. It was shedding up to 10 hairs a shave. I kept telling myself it would "calm down" but then one day a huge chunk of hair came right out of the middle of the brush. There is now a big hole in the middle of the knot. That's the last time I used that brush. It gave me pretty good shaves but what a P.O.S. I realize it was just a defective brush but it's ruined me for good from Simpson's. It only lasted me 2 months, what a joke. VDH boars last longer than that.

I bought a Simpson last November and had the same problem. It was my first time with a Simpson. It was shedding up to 10 hairs a shave. I kept telling myself it would "calm down" but then one day a huge chunk of hair came right out of the middle of the brush. There is now a big hole in the middle of the knot. That's the last time I used that brush. It gave me pretty good shaves but what a P.O.S. I realize it was just a defective brush but it's ruined me for good from Simpson's. It only lasted me 2 months, what a joke. VDH boars last longer than that.

Understand your frustration with your brush but I hope you don't think all Simpson brushes are ***! 90+ years of brush making behind the name counts for a lot.

Gary

My Simpson Duke 3 Best used to shed up to a dozen hairs if I fluffed it up when it was dry, and 3 or 4 hairs when lathering it wet. :huh:

I shampooed it with a mild dish washing soap, and then combed it out when it was fully dry. Now it only sheds an occasional hair when I use it. :biggrin1:

Did you contact the manufacturer?

No, not yet but I plan to.

Understand your frustration with your brush but I hope you don't think all Simpson brushes are ***! 90+ years of brush making behind the name counts for a lot.

Gary

No I don't think this of all Simpson brushes. As I said, I realize it is just a defective brush and doesn't reflect the whole line. However, I have many brushes that I use with great results so I don't really have a need to try another Simpson anytime soon. I gave them a shot but I've moved on for now. If the brush would have blown me away I would probably get another one sooner. I'm sure if I got another it wouldn't have any shedding.

No, not yet but I plan to.

No I don't think this of all Simpson brushes. As I said, I realize it is just a defective brush and doesn't reflect the whole line. However, I have many brushes that I use with great results so I don't really have a need to try another Simpson anytime soon. I gave them a shot but I've moved on for now. If the brush would have blown me away I would probably get another one sooner. I'm sure if I got another it wouldn't have any shedding.

Sure, I do understand - it only takes one bad apple, etc, etc.
Maybe one day you will be tempted back to the Simpson line.

Gary

Sure, I do understand - it only takes one bad apple, etc, etc.
Maybe one day you will be tempted back to the Simpson line.

Gary

My brush was great but shed. But what impressed me was how Simpson stood behind their product. When I wrote to them and explained my problem, they responded the very next business day. When you produce a product in quantity there is always a chance that one may have a defect. But, when you stand behind the product, that says a lot. As for me, when I am ready for a new brush I certainly will include Simpson in the running. :wink2:

My brush was great but shed. But what impressed me was how Simpson stood behind their product. When I wrote to them and explained my problem, they responded the very next business day. When you produce a product in quantity there is always a chance that one may have a defect. But, when you stand behind the product, that says a lot. As for me, when I am ready for a new brush I certainly will include Simpson in the running. :wink2:

It's rerally good to know that the customer service we held so dear is still paramount.

Gary

is it weird that this thread actually makes me want to buy a Simpson?

I don't think so. In spite of everything happening with the Duke, I have a 46 on the way from Jarrod @TSS as I type this. As Jim stated earlier, I have no problem sticking with a company that stands behind its products.

Reluctantly, I have decided to send the Duke to Vulfix for inspection. After a good shampooing, combing and another use, it continues to shed. This evening I lightly brushed my hand across the tips and saw a few more loose hairs pop up.

Many thanks to everyone who has weighed in on this matter. I'm sure I'll be posting more praise of the Vulfix customer service in the weeks to come.

Top Bottom