What's new

Shavmac - Finest vs. Silvertip

So I've decided to buy myself a Shavmac brush. however I'm undecided whether to get a Silvertip or Finest.

If you read through this sites official buyers guide to brushes it says that the "Best Badger" brushes actually do a better job lifting the hairs than Silvertip. Now I'm assuming that "Best Bagder" and what Shavmac calls Finest are the same? Someone feel free to correct me.

So does anyone know if this true, or had anyone tried both a Finest and Silvertip Shavmac and able to comment?

The silvertip is a tiny bit softer, but that is about it. Both are very nice, and worth the money.

I don't really buy the theory that a stiffer brush "lifts" the hair of the beard.

H

Hanzo

I have two SM in finest , reknots on two old brushes and a SM 177 Silvertip. I would say I like my brushes in finest the best. They are soft but with some backbone. Great brushes.

I say send Bernd at Shavemac an email and ask him to make you a Custom brush.

Finest
Loft: 21mm
Knot: 50mm

What size are you thinking about? :smile:

I'm keen for 23mm knot, it seems as though that's teh most popular, as for height I don't really know. Looking at the shavmac site 57mm seems to be standard for 23mm knots.

Any recommendations? it was just mentioned to go for a 21 knot 50mm height.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I have used Shavemac knots in "Finest" in my brushes and they are great!
The 23 mm as well as the a tad smaller 21 mm knot are both fine.

The 21/50mm is a custom size.If you are thinking of buying a brush from WCS the 23mm is ~55-57mm

I'm keen for 23mm knot, it seems as though that's teh most popular, as for height I don't really know. Looking at the shavmac site 57mm seems to be standard for 23mm knots.

Any recommendations? it was just mentioned to go for a 21 knot 50mm height.

I have a Shavemac in both finest and silvertip and I have to say that I like the silvertip better. The difference isn't huge, but it's noticeable. The finest is a great brush, but the silvertip is denser, softer, and lathers slightly better.

If you use mostly soaps the finest might be a better choice.

I say send Bernd at Shavemac an email and ask him to make you a Custom brush.

Finest
Loft: 21mm
Knot: 50mm

+1. I would recommend a 45mm loft in Finest if you use soaps mostly and/or face lather. 50mm would be great for creams and bowl lathering. Because Finest will be slightly less densely packed, the shorter loft helps add some backbone, and the reduced density seems to make the brush release lather more readily. This is all IMO, of course. :001_smile

So I've decided to buy myself a Shavmac brush. however I'm undecided whether to get a Silvertip or Finest.

If you read through this sites official buyers guide to brushes it says that the "Best Badger" brushes actually do a better job lifting the hairs than Silvertip. Now I'm assuming that "Best Bagder" and what Shavmac calls Finest are the same? Someone feel free to correct me.

So does anyone know if this true, or had anyone tried both a Finest and Silvertip Shavmac and able to comment?

Shavemac's Finest is a step up from all the Best brushes I've used, and probably better than a lot of Silvertip that's out there.

-Andy

Top Bottom