What's new

Shaving Yeti First Impressions

With warmer weather hopefully coming to the Midwest I was looking for a summer scented soap. After checking online I found Mamacita on the Rocks from Shaving Yeti. The site lists the base ingredients as wheat protein, safflower oil, water, glycerin, olive oil, coconut oil, palm oil, soybean protein, sorbitol, aloe, and sodium hydroxide. Then it lists some more that possibly might be in the soap.:001_huh:

?cache=1427463781[/IMG]

I was unsure about how it would lather since it's the first glycerin soap I've tried. So I face lathered with it with my Semogue and was happy with the results. Although the lather wasn't as thick as what I get from tallow based soaps, it did protect well.

$WP_20150327_09_01_11_Pro.jpg

The packaging is nice. I assumed it would arrive just as a puck and it came in a tin. The label is water resistant.
The scent is supposed to be like a margarita, but since I haven't had one of those in several years it smelled more like lemon lime soda pop to me which was terrific.
The lather was good on the first pass, but seemed a little thin on the second and third. I might just need to load more soap next time.
The shave went well. I used an Astra SP in my Gillette Red Tip and the razor glided across my face even with the thinner lather. Their were no nicks or irritation so it protected well.
The price was $10 total for 4oz so it's a good value.
The shipping time was 2 weeks, which they told me was common.

I really like this soap. The only downside is that it didn't produce a thick lather. That isn't a big issue for me, but for some guys it is. overall it's a great soap for the price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting and great review. I immediately ordered it after reading this. Sounds like a great scent and perfect for summer.

Thanks for the yeti mamacita review!
ive enjoyed his Snot with menthol, as well as his Shore Leave with label 'borrowed' from artist Enoch Boles!

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 194
I just bought this Saturday as it's local, and at $6.50 per tin. After my first shave, I'll consider getting more if it performs well.

Pen, I have almost all of Ernie's offerings. I think the most interesting is the Dr. Yeti and it goes well with the Derby City Chop Shop's AS. Just an FYI.

Pen, I have almost all of Ernie's offerings. I think the most interesting is the Dr. Yeti and it goes well with the Derby City Chop Shop's AS. Just an FYI.

I appreciate the information! I never made it to Derby City Chop Shop, but prefer the Fern Creek Barber Shop. They still wear the old bow ties and have a very loyal customer base. That is where I prefer to go, too.

I really wanted to pick up the Colombian Neck Tie, but I was pressed for time. Next time, though... :001_smile

I appreciate the information! I never made it to Derby City Chop Shop, but prefer the Fern Creek Barber Shop. They still wear the old bow ties and have a very loyal customer base. That is where I prefer to go, too.

I really wanted to pick up the Colombian Neck Tie, but I was pressed for time. Next time, though... :001_smile

Last time I checked Mr. Heimerdinger had it over at his cutlery shop on Shelbyville Rd. CNT smells like too many others I have in my den. I don't actually go to DCCS except to pick up mustache wax and other goods as I am a regular somewhere else. I may have to try Fern Creek Barber Shop as you have me curious.

Last time I checked Mr. Heimerdinger had it over at his cutlery shop on Shelbyville Rd. CNT smells like too many others I have in my den. I don't actually go to DCCS except to pick up mustache wax and other goods as I am a regular somewhere else. I may have to try Fern Creek Barber Shop as you have me curious.

I completely understand. I'll be stopping by there this coming week, actually. Best of luck if you get to give them a try! They even sell Clubman should you need a fresh bottle.

I went back and picked up a couple more soaps to try out, and yesterday's shave was with the one known as Magic Elixir. It has a Bay Rum scent with Kentucky Bourbon. Very nice scent, and another wonderful performer from them! My shave before that was with Colombian Necktie, which I absolutely love the scent of. I think my two favorites are Mamacita on the Rocks and Colombian Necktie, as I am a fan of citrus scents.

I'm really wanting to try out Shore Leave when I have the chance.

grrr I can't wait to try this. I ordered over two weeks ago and still not here. Fingers cross maybe this week.

I just shaved with Mamacita on the Rocks first time today. I agree with the lather being thin after the first pass, but you still get enough protection. The smell is great, the menthol isn't too strong, and the price is right. I like it.

Top Bottom