What's new

Shaving with Schick injectors

The injector razor was the LAST technological leap forward in shaving. Nothing new which has been done since is any improvement. Nothing like an injector for an easy, close shave. DE's are cooler and more fun, but very few DE's and blade combinations can deliver like an injector.
Adjustable razors followed the introduction of the injector razor. The adjustable razor was a tremendous technological advance in shaving!

Adjustable razors followed the introduction of the injector razor. The adjustable razor was a tremendous technological advance in shaving!
They truly were. I vaguely remember my grand father having one that I used. I now have two of the E Type and a Golden 500. Love the results every time. I do feel the blade more with the old ones more.

Perhaps to some. On the other hand, some might consider them a solution to a problem with did not exist. Many people just leave them at one setting. This, it would seem, is functionally the same as having a non-adjustable which suits you, only at a much higher price.

The idea of an adjustable razor is not to fiddle with the adjustment every few minutes, unless there is a compelling need to change the setting. Determine the correct setting, and then "set it and leave it." That method works just fine.

I agree....my L1 is about as good as it gets !

The injector razor was the LAST technological leap forward in shaving. Nothing new which has been done since is any improvement. Nothing like an injector for an easy, close shave. DE's are cooler and more fun, but very few DE's and blade combinations can deliver like an injector.

The idea of an adjustable razor is not to fiddle with the adjustment every few minutes, unless there is a compelling need to change the setting. Determine the correct setting, and then "set it and leave it." That method works just fine.

Perhaps like the maker being able to produce one razor that could be adjusted to anyone's shaving needs? Agree or not brother Steve?

My dream is a modern Schick dial injector with 5-10 settings that accepts single and twin blades.
Already available. It's called the Schick Injector, Type M-2, made circa 1965-1972. However, I don't see the need to put a twin blade into an adjustable. Seems highly redundant to me.

Already available. It's called the Schick Injector, Type M-2, made circa 1965-1972. However, I don't see the need to put a twin blade into an adjustable. Seems highly redundant to me.
I am really curious about this model. Does it shave like an E2, a G and an I based on the dial settings? What is your impression?

You have a choice of settings with this adjustable injector razor, 1 through 8. I have a tough beard and the best setting for my face is 7. Marvelous shaver. Close and comfortable. Good feel and balance. Comfortable handle.

Mine (not all) has an innovative "protector" feature, whereby sliding a tab on the underside will retract the blade. It's an excellent travel razor. Just toss in in the suitcase. No chance of the blade damaging clothing.

Caution: if you get one, for the first shave make sure the protector feature is not set, otherwise you'll not cut many whiskers. :001_smile

You have a choice of settings with this adjustable injector razor, 1 through 8. I have a tough beard and the best setting for my face is 7. Marvelous shaver. Close and comfortable. Good feel and balance. Comfortable handle.

Mine (not all) has an innovative "protector" feature, whereby sliding a tab on the underside will retract the blade. It's an excellent travel razor. Just toss in in the suitcase. No chance of the blade damaging clothing.

Caution: if you get one, for the first shave make sure the protector feature is not set, otherwise you'll not cut many whiskers. :001_smile

Brother Steve,

Would you mind to post a photo of the Type M-2? If so, many thank yous. :)

Brother Steve,

Would you mind to post a photo of the Type M-2? If so, many thank yous. :)

This one maybe? I found it online. There are only two adjustables. The m2 and the persona version. So technically it should be the Schick Dial.

proxy.php

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
My last hands razor is the Type M, I've each of the "Type"s but truth be told haven't shaved a difference. Used a M-2 today in fact, with a twin blade. I'm on the max setting, that razor is always in my ready rack

I have the same ones Jim does. The one on the right in his picture is the dial, aka M1. On the left, the M3. There was one between the two that is considered the M2. Some M2s and all M3s have the protector feature. I find that my M3 also adjusts to a wider blade gap than the M1, so it can become more efficient/aggressive. I can dial in the blade gap of most of my other injectors on the M1, but the ridges on the safety bar mean that I can't fully recreate the shave of each injector. It does a good close approximation of most of them, though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Guys, have mercy. I can't afford getting a Schick Dial - M series for the moment . Please stop posting pictures of it. Give me some time. :D

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Guys, have mercy. I can't afford getting a Schick Dial - M series for the moment . Please stop posting pictures of it. Give me some time. :D

I know you don't mean that...

M1.FlyingMango.Fan.Nice.JPG

This is a really enabling photo. Really shows off the razor.

I have the same ones Jim does. The one on the right in his picture is the dial, aka M1. On the left, the M3. There was one between the two that is considered the M2. Some M2s and all M3s have the protector feature. I find that my M3 also adjusts to a wider blade gap than the M1, so it can become more efficient/aggressive. I can dial in the blade gap of most of my other injectors on the M1, but the ridges on the safety bar mean that I can't fully recreate the shave of each injector. It does a good close approximation of most of them, though.

I have all of them, too, but I use them only at either the design angle or steeper.

Captain of the Obvious (meme).jpg

At these steep angles it doesn't matter what setting is on the dial as the gap doesn't matter at all. At least that's how it seems as I shave with the Type M razors I have. I use the TWIN in them.

Not that I'm much using anything other than straight razors but it's hard to beat a Schick injector if you can find a good one (and you can; I've posted here and there on how to go about it, as has Joel).

Happy shaves,

Jim

I see that the Schick Adjustable typically designated M-2/M2, however, the one I picked up has M33 embossed on the bottom of the head. Is that designating a date code, or which version of the Adjustable it is? - There's obviously different variations of the Schick Adjustable, the dial on some has dots between the odd numbers, others have no dots, and you rotate between the odd numbers, the inlay on the handle can vary, as can the plastic it's made of.

Still working on getting a great shave, having only used it one time. Angle was intuitive, it didn't feel bad and pretty smooth, but did get a weeper or two, but picking up one of my DEs afterwards, there was some fine stubble yet to be removed. - It wasn't a bad shave, but it wasn't quite BBS or great either. (In all fairness, the DE I grabbed was my Timeless 95 OC, loaded with a Nacet with a single shave on it). I started on 5 and end up around 7 by the time I was done, and do have a pack of Twin blades coming from Japan.

Top Bottom