What's new

Shaving with Schick injectors

I have one injector from Supply. I’m interested in others because I too believe that injectors are the only way to go. Can someone post a link explaining all the different types and their advantages. I’m really happy with the one I’m using but I’m open to others if they provide an even more comfortable shave.

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Supply injector so far. I’m happy to see it. I just ordered one (got a good deal from their Warehouse Deals section) earlier today and am looking forward to it. It’ll be my first, and likely the only. I threw in the extra adjustments for the complete package.

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Supply injector so far. I’m happy to see it. I just ordered one (got a good deal from their Warehouse Deals section) earlier today and am looking forward to it. It’ll be my first, and likely the only. I threw in the extra adjustments for the complete package.
I’m pretty satisfied with it. I get into trouble with it sometimes in my quest for bbs but that usually occurs when i have little time and I’m rushing. I’m going to hang onto it and if the going gets rough I’ll intervene with a cartridge shaver and let things simmer down a while. Overall, I’m very happy with the Supply Razor. Good luck!

I’m pretty satisfied with it. I get into trouble with it sometimes in my quest for bbs but that usually occurs when i have little time and I’m rushing. I’m going to hang onto it and if the going gets rough I’ll intervene with a cartridge shaver and let things simmer down a while. Overall, I’m very happy with the Supply Razor. Good luck!

You use just the 2-dot plate? Or do you also have the other plates?

I have all three plates but I’m finding that I only use # 1 and 2. I use the #2 plate when I have 3 days of growth to mow it down on the first with pass. I then switch to #1 for another pass and clean up. I have pretty sensitive skin on my neck and I find the #1 is good most of the time for me. I don’t like being too aggressive

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
The injector razor was the LAST technological leap forward in shaving. Nothing new which has been done since is any improvement. Nothing like an injector for an easy, close shave. DE's are cooler and more fun, but very few DE's and blade combinations can deliver like an injector.

Yes!

I have all three plates but I’m finding that I only use # 1 and 2. I use the #2 plate when I have 3 days of growth to mow it down on the first with pass. I then switch to #1 for another pass and clean up. I have pretty sensitive skin on my neck and I find the #1 is good most of the time for me. I don’t like being too aggressive

:001_cool:

The injector razor was the LAST technological leap forward in shaving. Nothing new which has been done since is any improvement. Nothing like an injector for an easy, close shave. DE's are cooler and more fun, but very few DE's and blade combinations can deliver like an injector.

Well, I wouldn't go that far. However, I do think the injector razor shaves better than a DE.

We should always remember that the greatest advancement in shaving is the coated blade. Without that we'd be using "one & done" rough carbon blades, going to a barber for a shave or just growing a beard. The coated blade lifted us out of the "Dark Ages". ;)

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Well, I wouldn't go that far. However, I do think the injector razor shaves better than a DE.

We should always remember that the greatest advancement in shaving is the coated blade. Without that we'd be using "one & done" rough carbon blades, going to a barber for a shave or just growing a beard. The coated blade lifted us out of the "Dark Ages". ;)

I'm pretty sure my straight razors don't have a coated blade but they don't encourage me to grow a beard.

I get what you're saying. Modern manufactured blades are amazingly good.

I think the warehouse section deal is pretty cool. I would love to try one of these Supply razors. But as I'm living out of US the shipping is killing it. It shipping costs more than the razor to ship out of US. So waiting until one pops up in BST or the bay with a warehouse like deal. What I cant stand is the urge to own it. Well what to do :confused1

I think the warehouse section deal is pretty cool. I would love to try one of these Supply razors. But as I'm living out of US the shipping is killing it. It shipping costs more than the razor to ship out of US. So waiting until one pops up in BST or the bay with a warehouse like deal. What I cant stand is the urge to own it. Well what to do :confused1
Check Maggard razors. They ship internationally and stock it I think. Their intl shipping is reasonable from reports elsewhere here (no personal experience).

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I used the supply within the first six months of my wet shaving journey. It gave me the closest first pass I've ever had with any razor, including my AC razors (SS General and RR Hawk V2 for reference). I couldn't get the angle right for my other passes unfortunately, as I got the mirror chrome finish and it was too slick for me. Ended up procrastinating and had to sell it instead of exchanging it, stupidly. I would love to have one again in one of the powder finishes with more grip. I get great shaves with my other injectors though so I can't justify the expense to myself or to SWMBO. Hope you enjoy yours! I preferred the Chinese Schick blades over the enclosed Personna blades, but the Personnas weren't bad.

I used the supply within the first six months of my wet shaving journey. It gave me the closest first pass I've ever had with any razor, including my AC razors (SS General and RR Hawk V2 for reference). I couldn't get the angle right for my other passes unfortunately, as I got the mirror chrome finish and it was too slick for me. Ended up procrastinating and had to sell it instead of exchanging it, stupidly. I would love to have one again in one of the powder finishes with more grip. I get great shaves with my other injectors though so I can't justify the expense to myself or to SWMBO. Hope you enjoy yours! I preferred the Chinese Schick blades over the enclosed Personna blades, but the Personnas weren't bad.

Thanks for your feedback! I got the matte stainless version. Thought about the black matte, but thinking ahead (probably too far) I imagined it wouldn’t look too good once the playing wears. I like a little shine anyway.

Thanks for your feedback! I got the matte stainless version. Thought about the black matte, but thinking ahead (probably too far) I imagined it wouldn’t look too good once the playing wears. I like a little shine anyway.
I think you'll enjoy it. Angle is a little finicky at first, but once you get that angle there is very little of my stubble that can stand in the supply's way. Good to hear you got the matte finish. I think that's all I would have needed to enjoy the razor. The weight behind it is significant which is what gives it such efficiency. I love my Schick injectors, but none have that first pass efficiency due to their lightweight nature. I look forward to hearing about your experience with it.

Check Maggard razors. They ship internationally and stock it I think. Their intl shipping is reasonable from reports elsewhere here (no personal experience). .

Yes Shipping seems to be reasonable But the cost of the razor is their usual retail price 79/-
But in the warehouse section razor costs may be 2/3 of that + free shipping in US.
Its the real advantage for you guys living in US

to the threadbumper,

The most common injector I see is the “G” model.

Lots of people love the “E” model.

My absolute favorite is the “L” model. They got it just right imo. Awesome 60’s/70’s aesthetic as well.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
to the threadbumper,

The most common injector I see is the “G” model.

Lots of people love the “E” model.

My absolute favorite is the “L” model. They got it just right imo. Awesome 60’s/70’s aesthetic as well.

8-17-18.MdC.L-3.Kit.649.JPG

My beautiful L-3. The best handle ever made.

Top Bottom