What's new

Shaving with long hair

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
All right, not to be read, shaving long hair. I always had a buzz cut since I'm a kid. I believe the longest my hair have been is the length of my thumb (believe it or not). For the last 16 months, I did not use the clipper to shave my head (usually 4 on top, 2 on the sides). I now have hair below my shoulders and I'm wonder how to deal with them while shaving.

I'm not at the Kiss concert when shaving but my hair always get in the way... I use a bandana (they are coming back!) but it's not perfect. Is there another thing that I could use? I have to hair elastic that have fabric around them so they don't pull the hair when I take it off. Fabric + wet hair = Blue cheese in a few hours. So no good.

Any tricks?

You can get a decent hair clipper kit for around $50. It doesn't take that long to learn how to use it if your cut is a simple one. Think of how nice it will be to get rid of all that extra hair, especially in August!

This is a pretty good kit. Wahl Elite Pro High Performance Haircut Kit, Model 79734:
1628540113661.png

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Just cut it off 😂😅🤣
But seriously I’m not getting how long hair in the back gets in the way of shaving

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
Pony tail or man bun while shaving is the only solutions I can come up with

All right, not to be read, shaving long hair. I always had a buzz cut since I'm a kid. I believe the longest my hair have been is the length of my thumb (believe it or not). For the last 16 months, I did not use the clipper to shave my head (usually 4 on top, 2 on the sides). I now have hair below my shoulders and I'm wonder how to deal with them while shaving.

I'm not at the Kiss concert when shaving but my hair always get in the way... I use a bandana (they are coming back!) but it's not perfect. Is there another thing that I could use? I have to hair elastic that have fabric around them so they don't pull the hair when I take it off. Fabric + wet hair = Blue cheese in a few hours. So no good.

Any tricks?
What you're looking for, most likely, is a Spa-facial Headband (link goes to one example). It's a headband used to... Well... Keep your hair out of your face. Any drug store should have them as well as Wal*Mart, Target, et al.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
If your hair scrunchies are turning moldy in a few hours, there’s a lot more for you to do before finding a masculine enough barrette is going to matter.

Just get some clips that hair stylists use when cutting long hair. My hair stylist always puts several clips in my hair while she trims different sections of it. I don't have hair all over my face when I get it cut. Yeah I'm a woman, so I'm not shaving my face, but the same types of clips would keep your hair out of your face for shaving.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

Eben Stone

Staff member
Pony tail. But don't use a scrunchy. Use an elastic. The thinner the better. That way your hair won't fall out of it. I use a single one and triple twist/loop it. It doesn't pull my hair when i remove it. I use them with wet hair no problem, but my hair is thin and dries easily. Sad how much I know about women's hair accessories.

These:

16285786703602969266885742552927.jpg

Last edited:
Pony tail. But don't use a scrunchy. Use an elastic. The thinner the better. That way your hair won't fall out of it. I use a single one and triple twist/loop it. It doesn't pull my hair when i remove it. I use them with wet hair no problem, but my hair is thin and dries easily. Sad how much I know about women's hair accessories.

These:

View attachment 1309553
Exactly. My hair is way over my shoulders. Before I had a pony tail I used one of my caps and put my hair through the opening at the back, just like a pony tail, About 5 months ago I started wearing a pony tail all day, except when going to bed.
I use the same kind of hair ties, I also have invisibobbles, they say they are better for your hair. Don't know if it's true.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Thank you for the recommendations all!

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Long haired shaver here. I typically use a hair bobble. The type which @Eben Stone showed a picture of. However, I also sometimes use a Buff (or similar snood type bandana affair). They are brilliant for keeping everything out of the way, are washable, and don't pull hairs out.

Top Bottom