What's new

Shaving with bar soap

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I've used shave soap, shave cream, shave oil, bar soap, liquid hand soap, and plain old water. They all work, with "just water" providing the least amount of glide. :tongue_sm

upload_2018-1-17_16-2-8.png

I tried the Ivory soap and a brush a couple of times to see if I could do it. It was an interesting experiment and it worked do not plan on doing it again.

Tonight I was gonna shave with canned cream so I washed my face first with bar soap…. But I left the soap in coz I decided to shave with it…. I actually ended up with a a real close shave. Not the most comfortable but very good. I forget the brand of soap it was but it made a real slick lather. I used a mild razor my tech and the blade was a Nacet on its 6th use…..FYI
Who else here experiments with bar soap from time to time? Do you get good shaves with it?

I’m told my grandfather lathered with the bar of Ivory Soap on the sink. I’m tried it once just to try. It worked. But not very comfortable.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
As much as I admire our fathers and grandfathers minimalist approach with one razor, one brush and bath soap, there's something to be said for the wonders of the modern age and variety.
I could probably get a decent shave with used motor oil or laundry soap, but where's the joy in that?
No, part of the reason I do this is the sensory input of the soap fragrances among other things.
I CAN get a satisfactory shave with a 5 bladed monstrosity and a can of chemical goo, but I switched back to wet shaving and all that goes with it because it was boring, dull and tedious - not because it didn't work.

Top Bottom