What's new

Shaving when rushed or traveling

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I have used hair conditioner when I have forgotten shaving soap and experimented a bit with it in daily use. I didn't like it at all but it does work quite well.

I've used listerine as an aftershave splash in a pinch on the road. I looked it up first when I ran out of aftershave on a long trip, and apparently it's a thong that people do. Minty fresh, and kills all the germs too!

There’s no reason to use an electric and suffer that pain.

A quick shave? Face lather (always) and single pass with a Gem.

I have a carry on/weekender Dopp that has a stick, travel Omega and a couple straights. If I fly it commercial, I take a Trac II.

I have a large dopp that I can and have worked out of for a couple months.

I use a dedicated travel setup of easily replaceable and less irritating to lose components, but still maintain a relatively normal DE shave routine. Razor goes in carry on, everything else is checked.

50s British Gillette Tech head
Ikon Tuckaway handle
Gillette Rubies
Proraso white shaving cream
Vie Long white horse hair brush
Proraso green plastic shave mug
Proraso white aftershave

Rushed at home it's Pacific Brushless Cream with a Slim or Fatboy turned down to 2 or 3. It's not an ideal shave, but you can shave in beast-mode with little risk to life and limb.

For an overnight business flight, well, I hate checking baggage and the People's Directorate of Airport Security hates toiletries, so it's the Bic Flex that lives in my laptop-travel-backpack and typically - hotel courtesy hair conditioner.

Top Bottom