What's new

Shaving Video Breaks 1000 Views Mark!

Part 1 of my shaving video broke the 1000 views mark this morning! Part 2 is close behind with 900+ views and part 3 is coming up from behind with about 375 views.

How many times are you guys watching this?!? :biggrin:

--Mark

mantic said:
Part 1 of my shaving video broke the 1000 views mark this morning! Part 2 is close behind with 900+ views and part 3 is coming up from behind with about 375 views.

--Mark

I've watched the lathering twice. picked up a ton of hints from there that i wasn't quite catching from text only tips. also i've passed it on to friends who are just starting creme/brush work. thanks for the vids.

Just watched #3. You point out some things about using a multi-blade that I've never heard of before. Very good information that I'll have to try tomorrow morning. Can't wait for #4.

yeh, its great site.

but one thing....do you have a video how to shave using DE razors? i think the people in the video are shaving the new gear like mach3

jaffacake2000 said:
yeh, its great site.

but one thing....do you have a video how to shave using DE razors? i think the people in the video are shaving the new gear like mach3
The DE "webisode" is on-deck! I'm working on the raw video now.

--Mark

mantic said:

--Mark

:lol: how many times are YOU watching it?

just kidding...you've done a fantastic job with them.

TraderJoe said:
:lol: how many times are YOU watching it?
I used to wonder why so many YouTube videos got huge viewing numbers for really stupid videos. Then yesterday I found out that there are ways to cheat both the view numbers and the rating system. :sneaky2: Kinda defeats the whole purpose. :thumbdown

--Mark

jaffacake2000 said:
do you have a invisible counter somewhere on your page which when reloaded updates everytime - but not uniquely?
Not that I'm aware of. The page just has a "views" count, which updates when the page loads.

--Mark

Thats it! thats exactly whats happening (probably, if i've guessed right) just make sure wherever you got thought counter gives you unique hits and doesnt just update when the page loads everytime even by the same ip viewing it. That way it could be only 1 person viewing a 100 times, say you were developing your page and after uploading it you wanted see what it looks like...so that could be you.

jaffacake2000 said:
Thats it! thats exactly whats happening (probably, if i've guessed right) just make sure wherever you got thought counter gives you unique hits and doesnt just update when the page loads everytime even by the same ip viewing it. That way it could be only 1 person viewing a 100 times, say you were developing your page and after uploading it you wanted see what it looks like...so that could be you.
I understand what you're saying. My beef is the people using some automated means to reload the page again and again to boost their scores.

--Mark

Don't sweat it- your video series provides a service and value to those who watch them.

More than likely, you have not only improved the lives of some, but have also piqued the interest of many.

You did an excellent job and no one- not the 'big bean counter' can ever take that away from you.

Marty

Holy cow, I checked my email this morning and discovered 20 new subscriptions to my YouTube channel! So Alec's "Digg" posting must've done something! :biggrin:

[Edit: Just checked Digg and there's almost 400 Diggs on it.]

--Mark

My email inbox is still getting subscription notices from YouTube (31 and counting...), the number of "views" on part 1 more than doubled in under 24 hours (I can only hope that they're "legit" :mellow: ), and Alec's Digg posting got promoted to the main page with over 650 diggs. Way to go, Alec!! :thumbup:

--Mark

I don't think I deserve any of the credit, it's all because of how good these videos are.

One other note: The 4 threads I posted links to the digg articles in (2 here, 2 at SMF) have only gotten about 150 views total since I posted the link. That means almost all of the 700 or so diggs are coming from people who aren't hardcore wetshavers.

Great job again on the videos Mark.

Top Bottom