What's new

Shaving Vessels Picture Contest

Alright Gentlemen,

We want to see pictures of bowls, crocks, vessels, scuttles, mugs, soup cans, Waterford crystal, duct tape etc. that you guys are using to whip that shaving soap or cream into copious amounts of lather. I'll begin.

IMG_0109.jpg

I prefer wooden bowls made from species that can withstand water. The beauty of it all is if it cracks or breaks, I simply turn another one.

IMG_0112.jpg

My current one is made from coconut wood. Here it's shown nicely filled with Mama Bears Dragons Blood Shaving Soap whipped into a froth by my Simpsons PK2 Super.

Here's the challenge.
We want to see before and after pictures.
In addition to your normal working vessel lets have some creativity. Submit a item that no one would ever guess could create lather and fill er up. Don't even think of using that canned stuff. :hand:

Here are the rules:
1. Each member may have up to 5 entries as follows: your daily shaving vessel, three any-thing-goes vessels, and one patriotic vessel for the 4th.
2. All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm July 4th

The Lucky winners will receive prizes consisting of decants of their choice and other goodies.

The challenge has been made, show us what you have and what you're made of. :a47:

rtaylor61 said:
Get your priorities straight. Take a day off from work!

:lol: The days off are coming (wife is due any day with second baby). Do you think I can skip a few diaper changes to work on my ideas?

letterk said:
:lol: The days off are coming (wife is due any day with second baby). Do you think I can skip a few diaper changes to work on my ideas?

We do. . .but I don't think we have a vote at your house, and if your house is like mine, your wife has 2!

What an exciting time it must be for you and your wife--do you know if you're having a little princess or a little shaver?:biggrin:

Don't know. Keeps us on our toes not knowking. We already have one little shaver, so maybe a little princess is on the way.

Rik said:
...The Lucky winners will receive prizes consisting of decants of their choice and other goodies...

A decant of my choice, eh? Now, I just need to come up with an idea good enough to score me something that smells like limes ...

proxy.php

There is no limit to the number of submissions, but when is the deadline?

mmmm.... limes...
:smile:

O Boy. :scared:

Fearing what may be around the corner, let's keep the submissions to no more than five per individual.

Curious as I may be as to what you gents will come up with, I am also very interested in what everyone is using for their daily regime.

That being said, let's see what creative juices you gents have. And remember, if the women don't find you handsome...

Rik:

Thanks! You've now opened up yet another possible AD forme (like I needed another). That being shaving bowl acquisition disorder (not to be confused with shaving brush acquisition disorder). So far, my vessels have all been on the utilitarian side based more on function than form! I love the idea of a beautiful wooden shaving bowl! The hunt is on!

What woods have you personally found that are suitable?

DoubleE said:
Rik:

Thanks! You've now opened up yet another possible AD forme (like I needed another). That being shaving bowl acquisition disorder (not to be confused with shaving brush acquisition disorder). So far, my vessels have all been on the utilitarian side based more on function than form! I love the idea of a beautiful wooden shaving bowl! The hunt is on!
:biggrin:

DoubleE said:
What woods have you personally found that are suitable?
I've had excellent success with mahogany, teak, coconut, Ipe, Cocobolo. Any hardwood is able to withstand the weather without a finish works well.

I get to start from scratch. Last night I bounced my current bowl on the counter and made a nice long crack down the side. SWMBO is picking up a new one as we speak!

Wait a sec. . .she's about to pop a baby out and is running errands for you!?!?!?!?!

You, my friend, are a God! How do you do it??? :biggrin:

When it comes to whipping up a good lather, what could be better than a mixing bowl?
full

Fits in the palm of my hand, easy to hold on, wide enough to work the brush and deep enough to hold the lather!
A dollop of Palmolive and 3 passes later...here's what's left!
full

Need the lather warm or hot? Just tilt it and run hot water over the bottom of the bowl...piping hot every time!

Randy

Last edited by a moderator:
mrob said:
Wait a sec. . .she's about to pop a baby out and is running errands for you!?!?!?!?!

You, my friend, are a God! How do you do it??? :biggrin:

That's nothing. In 2004, when the Red Sox were in the World Series, she ran out and picked up dinner for all my friends watching the game at our home - 9 months pregnant!

Top Bottom