What's new

Shaving Vessels Picture Contest

All fruitiness aside, however, I have been recently experimenting with this as a serious shaving vessel:
full

full

As you can see, it would benefit greatly if I had a slightly larger brush, but I shall have to content myself with a soothing warm lather for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tito said:
full

I perfer mechanization myself.

Tito

Following the shave, toss in a banana, half a cup of strawberries, half a peach, and enjoy a delightful smoothie!

Randy

Preparing for the ever-dreaded back-shave…

proxy.php

Alternately, this could be used by SWMBO for shaving her legs! (She is going to kick my *** when/if she gets wind of this comment)

Now, I just have to hope that this is funny enough to win me a limey-scented decant.

EDIT: I thought that I should add my "normal" bowls too.

My "smaller" bowl.
proxy.php

My "bigger" bowl.
proxy.php

Note: both bowls are corningware stoneware bowls. In the above photo the "bigger" bowl is shown in what I call pseudo-scuttle formation (i.e. sitting in a plastic container with some hot water).

NMMB said:
Preparing for the ever-dreaded back-shave…

proxy.php

Alternately, this could be used by SWMBO for shaving her legs! (She is going to kick my *** when/if she gets wind of this comment)

Now, I just have to hope that this is funny enough to win me a limey-scented decant.

I can see that your shaving technique is part of your "education" into wet shaving. Seems you learned to "paint on" your lather vs. the swirling technique!

Randy

Look what my 8 year old daughter gave me when I got home this evening. It won't win any prizes in the contest but it won 1st place in my heart. :001_smile

She went to a pottery shop, picked it out, then she hand painted it using three techniques, then signed and dated it. It's been at the pottery shop for the last few weeks to get fired but they picked it up today.

The big D in the mug stands for Daddy, me!

full

full

full

full

AACJ said:
Look what my 8 year old daughter gave me when I got home this evening. It won't win any prizes in the contest but it won 1st place in my heart. :001_smile

She went to a pottery shop, picked it out, then she hand painted it using three techniques, then signed and dated it. It's been at the pottery shop for the last few weeks to get fired but they picked it up today.

The big D in the mug stands for Daddy, me!

full

full

full

full
Very Nice!!!

Here's a custom handmade shaving vessel.
full

Add some C&E Sweet Almond Oil.
full

Whip it up with my Vulfix. It actually lathered up very quickly.
full

And when you're done, it folds up nice and small for travel.
full

Sorry for the crummy photos. The "good" camera was at the hospital.

So I cheated. he he

Here's a pic of the bowl,"in action" from my SOTD:

full

AACJ said:
So I cheated. he he

Here's a pic of the bowl,"in action" from my SOTD:

full

Art, not only are you unfairly playing the "cute" card here... but you refuse to put that card down.

John, you have a new baby - perhaps you can play your own cute card and somehow include Simon Joshua.

As for me.... well, since SWMBO is NOT going to want to be involved I think that the paint roller is as cute a card as I can play...

NMMB said:
Art, not only are you unfairly playing the "cute" card here... but you refuse to put that card down.

John, you have a new baby - perhaps you can play your own cute card and somehow include Simon Joshua.

As for me.... well, since SWMBO is NOT going to want to be involved I think that the paint roller is as cute a card as I can play...

I play the cards as I see them, my friend, now to stack the deck a little,

full

What does my two cute daughters have to do with the shaving vessel contest?? I don't know, looks like I'm shamelessly trying to get the cute vote!! :tongue: (which I am)

AACJ said:
I play the cards as I see them, my friend, now to stack the deck a little,

full

What does my two cute daughters have to do with the shaving vessel contest?? I don't know, looks like I'm shamelessly trying to get the cute vote!! :tongue: (which I am)

Well Sir, they are indeed cute. Unrelated? Absolutely. Unfair Advantage? Quite possibly. Cute kids? Undeniably.

Here are my entries:biggrin:

First is my new daily shaving vessel. I picked this up at a local Wal-mart for under $5.00. :thumbsup: It is a self-watering African Violet pot, used as a "moss scuttle".

Fill the outer bowl with hot water, place the insert in the pot, add more hot water, and soak the brush.

Dump the water from the insert and whip up some lather!!!

Not bad for a Tweezerman Brush. :w00t: And Great Lather!

Here is my second entry, for the patriotic theme.

What would 4th of July be without watermelon !!!!!!

And finally, I will play MY cute card. :tongue:

My baby girl nice and clean !!!!!!! :001_wub:
Thank you for all your votes !!!!:001_smile

Have a safe and happy 4th.

Chris

Top Bottom