What's new

Shaving Vessels Picture Contest

Greetings Gents,

The deadline for submissions is 11:59pm July 4th. After which the members shall vote. Good luck! :biggrin:

Here's my first entry. Keep your expectations low for this one as it's only my daily bowl. Nothing fancy this time. Just a $2.79 bowl from Target.

Before.
full

After with some Saint Charles Shave Savory Rose lathered up with my simple Vulfix #403.
full

Last edited by a moderator:
yes it is, I was in target picking up some proraso And thought I see what they had in a bowl to use , that bowl felt good in my hand so I brought it home. now if we can get target to carry the proraso splash we'd have it made. I just used my bowl 5 minutes ago equal parts proraso green tube/palmolive preceded by proraso pre shave folowed by proraso splash , did I mention I like proraso?:biggrin:
Roy

I have a Target rice bowl too. Mines flat black inside and out and it looks a little deeper, paid $2.99. I fill mine hald full of water and nuke it for 2 minutes then take a shower, by then the bowl has soaked up the heat, dip my brush dump the water, shake out the excess apply cream and whip it up.

Here is my newb set-up :) I wet-shaved my face today for the first time in my life... I will never go back to a Mach3 or canned shave cream! There is considerable difference in my skin already.

Thanks everyone, you got me hooked!

PS - C&E told me that their almond shave cream in plastic jars are going to be discontinued. I bought 3 jars for $24 (buy 2, get 1 free sale) -- This was in-store.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Ho-hum, how boring the entries are so far....:sleep: Let me introduce you to a treat I call.... Breakfast and Shave.

It's a hot morning. Nothing like some nice citrus; perhaps a grapefruit for breakfast:
IMG_2368_2_1.JPG

IMG_2369_3_1.JPG

Good grapefruit. Hmmmm.... Could I?

IMG_2370_4_1.JPG

Let's head up for a post-breakfast shave. You know, Salters citrus cream is scented with grapefruit....
IMG_2371_5_1.JPG

Am I mad? perhaps.....

Ta Da!!!:
IMG_2373_1_1.JPG

If you look closely, you will notice little bits of grapefruit flesh in the lather. This acts as a bit of an exfoliant, while the natural citrus juice provides some astringent/toning qualities. Quite nice.

I think Scotto took the lead. I'm going to have to find some time before the 4th to get in some good ones.

If you've skipped a day or two, sometimes you just need volume.
full

Good thing the Lemon & Cedar was on sale.
full

My poor little Vulfix.
full

I easily could have created more lather, but my tendinitis started to kick in. As it is, there's enough for about 18 passes.

Scotto said:
Ho-hum, how boring the entries are so far....:sleep: Let me introduce you to a treat I call.... Breakfast and Shave.

It's a hot morning. Nothing like some nice citrus; perhaps a grapefruit for breakfast:
IMG_2368_2_1.JPG

IMG_2369_3_1.JPG

Good grapefruit. Hmmmm.... Could I?

IMG_2370_4_1.JPG

Let's head up for a post-breakfast shave. You know, Salters citrus cream is scented with grapefruit....
IMG_2371_5_1.JPG

Am I mad? perhaps.....

Ta Da!!!:
IMG_2373_1_1.JPG

If you look closely, you will notice little bits of grapefruit flesh in the lather. This acts as a bit of an exfoliant, while the natural citrus juice provides some astringent/toning qualities. Quite nice.

Hmm. . .except I had eggs this morning.:biggrin:

Gents,

Scotto's grapefruit tops them all :lol: :lol: :lol: :tongue_sm :tongue_sm :tongue_sm

Whilst in DC, I found meself in the unfortunate position of having a grand idea, but no camera for documentation purposes :confused: :bored: :blushing:

As I pondered how to lather my Trumper's coconut oil, I noticed the ice tumbler. Hmmmmm........thought I. I must! So I took my C&E best badger travel brush, poured hot water into the tumbler for heating purposes, soaked my brush in a coffee mug, showered, then let 'er rip, gang!

Then, I was in Memphis last week in a hotel and I managed a nice lather of Nancy Boy in the coffee pot!! Nice, eh? Wish I had pics, but such is life.

Well Scott, you stole some of my thunder, but I see your grapefruit and raise you one...
full

Beat some Trumper's coconut up in there and you have a remarkable pina colada shave - what a way to bring July in!

Top Bottom