What's new

Shaving under the nose. 'The Final Frontier'

I'm in the grow a mustache category. I do shave it off a couple times a year for about a week and I have troubles in that area getting it smooth. I settle for a WTG pass and 2 XTG passes in both the directions and settle for that. If I try to go baby smooth I draw blood since I don't shave that area regularly.

I pull my nose up and to the side with my other hand. No issues shaving under the nose with any razor this way.

I find that blade buffing with a wetter lather and light touch works well. This is the iterative passing of the blade over the same area in short, overlapping strokes. When I do this the blade does not leave my skin between strokes. Good luck.
I tried this this A.M. and it worked. Thanks. I never would have thought of it. I still have to get better at the technique. Blade 'leaving' the skin after each micro stroke was for me increasing the probability of cuts, this helps control the blade. Great technique!

Seems like you found your solution 👍

While this is not a big problem area for me, I want to add my +1 for a couple of points already mentiined earlier:
some razors make it more challenging
Game Changer seems the easiest in this area for me
wetter lather and relathering do help

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I tried this this A.M. and it worked. Thanks. I never would have thought of it. I still have to get better at the technique. Blade 'leaving' the skin after each micro stroke was for me increasing the probability of cuts, this helps control the blade. Great technique!

Buffing under the nose is a great technique, "especially" if you turn your DE razor upside down which makes buffing under the nose very easy and usually will eliminate any cuts or nicks. I can buff those small tough left over whiskers, all the way to the nostrils opening very safely, as long as the razor is upside down. :)

Don't shave the entire upper lip this way, Upper lip is usually reserved for going down with the grain or across the grain. Turning the razor upside down and buffing "upwards" is only used right under the nostrils.

The best designed DE razors for shaving comfortably under the nose, particularly shaving ATG, are those with narrow heads with a slim safety bar and blade close to the safety bar. DE razor heads with wider safety bars with blades set back from the safety bar make shaving under the nose a bit more awkward

Top Bottom